Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: CORP Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 7
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 50%
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
The Director of Facility and Fleet Maintenance is responsible for implementing Sysco’s corporate maintenance programs within a given Market or geographic region including:
- Maintenance of Sysco’s portfolio of industrial and commercial properties located across the United States, Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, Central America, and Europe. This includes building structures, building systems and utilities, and site improvements.
- Maintenance of Sysco’s automated material handling systems used in distribution operations including automatic storage and retrieval systems (AS/RS) and mobile robot based handling systems.
- Maintenance of Sysco’s fleet of rolling material handling equipment including forklifts, reach trucks, motorized pallet jacks, order pickers, loaders, and utility equipment.
- Maintenance of Sysco’s fleet of over-the-road vehicles including tractors, refrigerated trailers, refrigerated trucks, refrigerated vans, automobiles, and utility vehicles.
- Dotted line leadership of a team of Fleet Managers and Facility Managers at operating companies and specialty companies within a given Market or geography. Each Director will be responsible for the activities of approximately 30 such Managers as they relate to corporate wide maintenance programs, tools, and reporting. Solid line leadership responsibility for the Fleet Manager and Facility Manager at each operating company or specialty company will be the responsibility of the local Vice President of Operations or General Manager respectively.
The Director of Facility and Fleet Maintenance must ensure that the company’s physical assets are maintained at a high degree or readiness to support Operations. Essential functions/responsibilities include:
- Implement rigorous corporate-wide policies and procedures related to planned and unplanned maintenance of assets which will promote work standardization and consistent levels of maintenance across the enterprise.
- Recruit, develop, motivate, and retain top-talent individuals to staff the maintenance organization. Participate in the development of relevant job descriptions for hourly maintenance roles. Ensure that job descriptions, training programs, and levels of compensation support a logical career path for maintenance associates within the Sysco organization. Promote a culture of professionalism at all levels within the maintenance team.
- Implement programs and processes to reduce waste, increase the return on invested capital related to maintenance, and achieve an optimum balance between management of maintenance costs and asset stewardship. Examples include corporate roofing inspection and maintenance program; corporate electrical infrastructure maintenance program; and corporate refrigeration system operation and maintenance program.
- Develop and manage multiple vendor relationships to ensure Sysco’s maintenance program goals are met consistently. Encourage wide exposure and aggressive competition for Sysco’s business.
- Within the assigned Market or geographic region, implement and roll out the new computerized maintenance management system or systems (CMMS) for facility and fleet. This system will be used to track assets, parts, and tools. It will also be used to manage planned and unplanned maintenance tasks, manage maintenance labor resources, and procure maintenance parts and consumables. It will integrate effectively with a number of other Sysco applications and will provide robust analytical tools and reporting of financial and technical information.
- Play a leadership role in the capital planning process including the multi-year Facility Capital Budget. Review and approve CIP requests for maintenance projects and obligations. Provide input to senior leadership regarding the condition of Sysco’s physical assets and maintenance programs.
- Must be self-motivated and results oriented. Must be able to improvise and persist to achieve objectives despite obstacles.
- 10 years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Graduate degree in an area of relevant study such as Business Administration, Architecture, Engineering Management, or Construction Management preferred
- 7 years of experience in the area of industrial facility and/or fleet maintenance required. Experience related to the design, construction, maintenance of food distribution centers, food manufacturing plants, and/or food delivery fleet vehicles is preferred
- Past experience with emergency response planning preferred
- Past experience with business continuity/resiliency planning is preferred
Education and / or Experience:
- Bachelors’ degree in an area of relevant study such as Industrial Technology, Business, Architecture, Engineering, or Construction required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Strong ability to read and understand technical documents related to construction and maintenance activities is required including surveys, architectural plans, construction specifications, and technical manuals.
- Strong ability to read and understand legal documents related to construction and maintenance activities is required including service contracts, construction contracts, and leases.
- Ability to lead project teams and to manage staff and develop subordinates is required.
- Ability to develop and manage budgets related to maintenance expenses and capital expenditures is required.
- Ability to communicate, build relationships, and collaborate effectively with other leaders in the corporation including Supply Chain Operations, Construction, Finance, Legal, Risk Management, Compliance, Sales, and executive level management.
- Robust PC skills (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, MS Project) required
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
- Robust knowledge of and experience implementing and using a CMMS in a large multi-site corporate environment is required
- Valid Passport and Driver’s License required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The job requires travel approximately 50% of the time.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Employee will be required to walk, crawl, crouch, climb ladders and be comfortable with heights in order to perform site observation/inspection duties related to this position.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position will normally be performed from the corporate office facility but from time to time may be performed from a remote operating facility location. The position requires a combination office and field work
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
Employment Type: Full Time
A little about us: