Director, Healthcare Segment Development--Commercial (Job Number: 024746)
Corporate Office - 1417 Lake Cook Rd
1417 Lake Cook Rd
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We're taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe's Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home. Job Summary
Responsible for setting direction and priorities for the segment to maximize P&L. Leads development of major access initiatives/changes by partnering with account teams to engage B2B payer (top client renewals, restricted networks, etc.) or Consumer Paid clients. Identifies strategies and investments to create value beyond base Pharmacy fill experience. Serves as customer experience champion and the 'face of the segment' internally and externally. Accountable for oversight and delivery of segment plans across functions. Accountable for Pharmacy-led P&L performance of segment. Job Responsibilities
- Leads Company approach, key decisions, and execution in a Healthcare segment. Directs segment planning for assigned segment in Company planning cycle.
- Ensures delivery of assigned segment P&L. Contributes input to budget setting process, adjusting forecast, and strategy to meet/exceed plan. Provides input to top-down revenue, investment, and profit targets related to the segment.
- Partners with Account Team leadership to ensure execution of major account team plans developed by Account team are aligned with assigned Healthcare segment priorities.
- Leads business team participation in for development/ access initiatives in segment, including internal preparation, external engagement with clients, delivery (working with relevant account team, as applicable).
- Responsible for ensuring execution of segment strategies with pull through for all retail offerings to ensure maximum revenue growth for the Company.
- Guides and utilizes marketing pharmacy insights group to obtain customer-driven metrics to identify product and services that are both feasible and profitable for the Company. Makes data-driven decisions on when/where to scale-up proof-of-concept differentiated customer products and services. Ensures data flow of research from several channels, including patients, payers, and healthcare providers.
- Prioritizes and selects investment areas for new value propositions; Direct Segment Initiatives, Value Proposition, and/or Operation teams to ensure delivery. Ensures value proposition development aligns to strategy. Drives execution on products and services while utilizing common product/service platforms, where possible.
- Refines the targeted patient experience for designated segment across Company channels, balancing segment value potential and cost-to-serve. Leads evaluation of the actual experience in each channel and provide input to channel leaders as needed to enhance the patient experience.
- May represent the Company at professional, business, government, and/or civic organizations to ensure that the Company is perceived favorably as a company and as a valued business partner to the healthcare continuum. Serves as subject matter expert proactively provides perspectives and ideas on current and emerging key issues affecting segment.
- Monitors P&L for segment from budget to delivery, intervening to guide cross-functional actions that correct performance, where necessary.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 6 years of experience in the healthcare industry within functions which could include sales, marketing, branding, finance, national accounts, operations, contracting AND/OR management consulting OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 9 years of experience in the healthcare industry within functions which could include sales, marketing, branding, finance, national accounts, operations, contracting AND/OR management consulting.
- At least 3 years of experience developing/supporting strategic business plans for business segments or key accounts.
- Experience presenting to and partnering with internal and/or external executives at vice president level.
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using AVERAGE function, merging and centering cells, printing centered page and/or creating a pivot table).
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: changing picture styles, customizing animation and/or setting automatic slide timings).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- At least 2 years of experience planning, developing, and/or managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- At least 2 years of experience of direct team leadership or cross-functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to 25% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Master's Degree/MBA
- Experience scoping and completing analytics.
- Experience delivering presentations to internal and external audiences of 30 or more people.
- Experience presenting to and partnering with internal and/or external senior executives (c-suite).
- Experience working in contracting, sales, finance, strategy, or another commercially oriented role at a managed care or PBM payer.
- Experience leading pricing analysis or operations.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.