Overview: With a nationwide sales team and several manufacturing locations, B. Braun Medical has become a leading full-line supplier of healthcare products and services in the U.S. The company is committed to delivering innovative products and services with unmatched quality, superior technology, and cost-effectiveness, while maintaining environmental responsibility. Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. B. Braun employs over 4,500 people in the USA. B. Braun Medical Inc. began its operations in the USA in 1957. Initially, the company manufactured and sold disposable plastic syringes. During the 1980s and early 1990s, the company undertook several expansions and enlarged its product line of disposable medical devices. With the acquisition of McGaw, Inc. in 1997, including Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS®), B. Braun dramatically broadened its product lines and services to U.S. customers.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic.
Responsibilities: Position Summary:
Manage overall profitability of complex product line (large dollar volume, major product development). Responsible for the development, implementation and control of marketing programs to maintain and increase market share and profits. Impacts organization by providing strategic direction for assigned product lines thereby positively impacting company revenue and operating profit. Decisions directly impact operating profit, customer satisfaction levels and sales force focus and direction. Responsibilities: Essential Duties
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Set strategic direction, goals and objectives for AIS Marketing; develop product group marketing strategy.
- Create and maintain an organized product management structure
- Monitor metrics to ensure organization is successfully meeting targets and objectives
- Collaborate with Pricing for price structure for the AIS products.
- Evaluate product line gaps / opportunities and recommend internal projects / alliances / and / or line extensions while maintaining existing product base
- Work collaboratively with Solution Management team leaders, Strategy and Channel Development to effectively increase market share and profitability of AIS products by incorporating them into customer focused solutions
- Lead product line and market voice of customer roles within Product Incubator programs; ensure product requirement profile and marketing input to support R&D / product development.
- Identify and lead Key Opinion Leader relationships and Trade Society support.
- Manage current business to maintain and gain market share in served market segments
- Work closely with Marketing Communications to develop product advertising, collateral and promotional programs
- Develop, implement and maintain competitive terms of sale for our customers
- Manage product launches to meet objectives
- Direct the selection, training, supervision, development and evaluation of employees and approve staffing allocation
- Overall management of the marketing segment budget and expenses
- Prepare a monthly report for senior management on implementation of the marketing plan and attainment of goals and objectives
- Seek and evaluate new business and market opportunities. Provide input and establish market requirements for new product development.
- Actively participate in Global Network Teams (GNT) to represent US market interests.
- Ability to effect change
- Knowledge of industry chargebacks and rebates
- Ability to perform financial analyses of contract proposals
- Ability to successfully manage consultative and clinical sales situations
- Ability to develop both short and long-term strategy and put strategic plans into action.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to demonstrate price positioning, contract structuring, and proposal skills with proven results.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Ability to direct the selection, training, supervision, development, motivation, and evaluation of staff.
- Ability to effectively control capital and operating budgetary expenses.
- Ability to prepare and present executive reports at managerial briefings
- Qualitative and quantitative analytical skills
Qualifications: Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc Required:
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- Seven or more years of medical device product marketing experience or combination of medical device sales/marketing/engineering experience.
- Experience in Marketing of Automated Infusion Systems (IV Pumps)
- Experience in the successful launching of new products
- Experience in new business development, structuring and negotiating the acquisition of technology and products
- Experience managing multiple groups of professional individuals and teams
- General understanding of the US acute (hospital) and non-acute (outpatient) market segments.
- Record of success recruiting, selecting, building, and leading a team of marketing professionals
- Demonstrated record of successfully working on International teams.
- MBA preferred.
- Clinical nursing experience preferred.
- Experience in the marketing of infusion pumps, medical devices, IV therapy and drug delivery therapy products
- Experience in the sales of medical products as a Sales Representative or Manager
- Experience managing mature products
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled.
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
Other: Responsibilities: Other Duties:
- Business travel, drivers license, passport, secrecy and invention agreement, and non-compete agreement.
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
One of the world's leading healthcare suppliers.