As a part of the One Commercial Partner Organization, the National System Integrator Team is responsible for leading our US Public Sector partner strategy for consulting partners. Our NSI portfolio consists of partners with a broad base of monetization models. Our aspiration is to grow revenue with the largest, most innovative and most relevant service and solution partners covering DOD, Intelligence, Civilian, and State and Local Government Clients. Microsoft Corporation seeks an experienced Director, who can lead the Business Development efforts in concert with the large Systems Integrator and represent our Partner Development Strategy with our US Public Sector Team in Washington DC
The Director of Public Sector Partner Development role requires a mastery of the US Public Sector channel sales models, contract vehicles, and deep experience influencing strategic relationships within a partnership to achieve results at a national level. The ideal candidate is a strong people leader capable of setting culture, establishing strategy and driving organizational alignment. This individual deeply understands our technology and is capable of assessing new opportunity and establishing innovative and breakthrough approaches to translate that opportunity into revenue.
Driving Revenue Growth:
• Leadership for our Build With OCP efforts in Washington DC across our US Public Sector Teams, Customers, and Partners to achieve the following
• Attainment to quota and commitment based accountabilities in the US
• Creation of a fantastic workplace and attract the top talent of the industry
• Mastery and influence of executive partner relationships as a trusted advisor
• Increased mindshare, investment and integrated selling initiatives across the portfolio
• US and WW leadership of our OCP partner agenda
• Evangelism and connection of your NSI portfolio both internally and to the US sales and consulting teams, clearly articulating the partner’s value propositions to the Microsoft teams to foster investment and proactive engagement with channel managers and Field sellers
• Serve as the SI / ISV culture lead for US PS for The US Partner Team
• Working across the leadership team to solidify a vision of how to apply our Microsoft’s value to our organization
• Lead a team to implement a plan driving LT accountability
• Establish a cadence and run a listening engine / sounding board
• SI strategy and capacity lead
• Cast a vision for the US and WW on the evolution of US Public Sector partnerships and the opportunity areas for the NSI community
• Lead a team to access the US Public Sector partner landscape and implement strategy to evolve or portfolio
• Work with the PTS community to establish a strategy for accessing the business opportunity landscape of our technology agenda for partners
• Lead a virtual team to execute technology landscape assessment and drive process and rigor to assess progress
Rhythm of the Business:
• Lead your team to build and execute partner business plan focused on short and long term goals to impact Microsoft revenue and priority workloads
• Disciplined Business Management: Contribute to monthly national and WW Business Reviews that provides a consistent and predictable Rhythm of the Business (ROB).
• Drive Quarterly Business Reviews across the portfolio and other ROBs to track progress against goals and commitments; Collaborate for revenue and scorecard impact through evangelizing partner value to Microsoft stakeholders & customers
• Support national, regional, & local execution with Microsoft field resources across segments
Business Development & Partner Satisfaction:
• Lead one of Microsoft’s top US Public Sector Partner’s to build Go To Market and Co Sell initiatives that result in the growth of Microsoft’s Three Clouds – Azure, Dynamics, and Office 365
• Lead and drive Microsoft partner resources across sales, technical & marketing development to execute joint selling goals to drive capability & capacity in the market
• Land business plans, delivering unique MS solutions and services to all US customers
• Integrate partners with Microsoft field resources across the segments to jointly account plan and close new business together. Specifically, include the community of local PSEs engaged on partner sales activities
• Measure and manage Partner’s success against metrics to maximize win-win results and strategic partner investments
• Partner Satisfaction: Ensure strong business relationship and understanding of partner’s needs identifying clear conditions, accountability, progress measurement and time lines
We are looking for a seasoned executive for our most visible business. This individual should be highly motivated with a minimum of 5+ years’ of experience in selling enterprise solutions preferably in an SI or IT Services company to the US Public Sector market and/or to US Public Sector Partners. The candidate should have strong solution partner passion and perspective. The candidate should possess exceptional interpersonal skills, people leadership skills and the ability to work effectively under deadlines and in complex business environments.
In addition, strategic thinking ability to define and drive an end-to-end business plan will be key. The candidate should have a proven track record in building business relationships that result in revenue impact. This role will be interfacing with the senior most levels within Microsoft and our top partners and will be expected to drive effective executive communication and management skills.
The ideal candidate has:
• Demonstrated success and Experience working with customer or partners requiring a min of a Secret or Top Secret Clearance. US Citizenship is required
• Based in Washington, D.C.
• A very strong partner or channel management, or consulting/advisory background
• Cross-geography experience with critical solution partners, if relevant to role’s geographical scope - not sure what this means?
• Proven background in managing large cross-functional teams (marketing, technical and sales)
• Ability to pull together complex teams, negotiate teaming agreements and have both software and consulting/services experience.
• Knowledge of solution channel business models with both on premise and cloud offerings
• The ability to influence and impact executives in partner organizations
• Understanding of customer value proposition for Microsoft priority workloads and services and best practices for partners to monetize services and solutions
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.