McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. McKesson Business Performance Services (BPS) is a leader in physician and hospital revenue cycle management, physician electronic health record and practice management system technology, and strategic consulting services. BPS offerings are uniquely designed to help physician groups, hospitals and health systems, accountable care organizations, labs, and emergency medical service providers improve efficiency and grow revenues while staying current with the latest regulatory requirements.
We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
The Director, Patient Financial Services (DPFS) is a critical executive leadership position whose primary responsibility is to direct and orchestrate the activities of direct billing operations within a hospital environment and collaboration across various support teams. The overarching goal of the DPFS and his/her team is to develop and lead an operating team and environment capable of providing consistent, compliant and improving services delivery.
Location: This position will reside at the client site in Mt. Pleasant, TX
Management & Leadership
- Develop, recruit and retain management and operations talent required to deliver excellent and consistent AR resolution and reporting
- Coordinate organizational structure and vision to support the business objectives and provide for a documented succession plan for all management levels.
Operations Management, Compliance & Service Delivery
- Lead project teams to consistently meet or exceed ongoing client metric, production, financial and other office / corporate goals through the effective management of domestic and offshore resources.
- Direct, coordinate and evaluate performance of all services functional areas: initiate all corrective actions to improve performance deliverables and/or resolve issues as they arise.
- Develop expertise regarding clients and their specific needs, requirements and reporting.
- Ensure adherence to all aspects of state, local, and federal Billing Compliance policies, consistently.
- Maintain and enforce patient / client / employee confidentiality.
- Understand all operational and related financial metrics associated with P&L – budgeting, forecasting, revenue and expense management and reporting.
- Identify trends and patterns in all clients and P&L related data.
- Develop organizational competence with respect to financial accountability and interpretation of key metrics.
- Develop, deploy and monitor KPI as it relates to operational processes that meet or exceed financial plans for revenue, expense and customer performance/satisfaction.
- Continually seek to improve key processes to eliminate waste and increase revenue.
- Work with and through project team and executive team to provide customer facing support, operational interpretation, project plan management to provide superior customer service to hospital clients.
- On-site management of McKesson and client assets in support of joint improvement and operating plans.
- Train staff to work with and through all levels of client staff to ensure seamless approach to our service delivery.
- Ensure client has a viable account plan, contacts and service recovery protocol if required.
Technology Management & Proficiency
- Work with and through IT related channels to ensure our support technology is interfacing properly with client systems and processes. Also, provide input on possible improvements to existing systems. Work with McKesson IT project teams to optimize McKesson software in support of billing operations.
- Develop methods and processes to monitor automation, system performance, outcomes and attainment of financial goals.
- Ensure all operations and support staffs have consistent and unhindered access to necessary automation, tools, client and McKesson systems and are properly trained on those systems necessary to complete respective functions.
9+ years of medical claims experience along with strong leadership experience. Experience with patient information/claims system processes
- The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of progressive healthcare revenue cycle leadership and management experience with at least 3-years in a leadership role similar to scope and responsibilities of a Director of Operations position – primarily in a hospital setting.
- Experience should include a blend of strategic and operational experience with strong customer side exposure specifically in the Revenue Cycle Outsourcing industry.
- Demonstrable experience leading, coaching, and mentoring management and subordinates in a billing operations environment is required.
- Thorough understanding of all financial dimensions of P&L and healthcare revenue cycle management.
- Must be able to demonstrate superior organizational, management, leadership and problem-solving skills.
- 1 or more years experience with McKesson Paragon and/or Relay Health software platforms
- Knowledge of hospital billing systems and software required.
- Must be well organized, service oriented, energetic, and committed.
Hospital billing operations experience and related knowledge is preferred.
Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s level education is preferred. In lieu of a Master's Degree will consider someone with a CPA.
General office duties
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
No agencies please.