Director, Program Management R&D Baxter International Inc. Deerfield, IL About Baxter
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services.
The company's global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries.
Baxter's employees worldwide are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
Director, Program Management leads a team of project managers and is responsible for the program definition, leadership and communication across a portfolio of product development, sustaining or improvement projects. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishing, monitoring and actively managing the projects/portfolio budgets including all capital, direct and indirect expenses.
- Driving cross functional integration and collaboration in support for their projects/portfolio.
- Participate in the implementation of and ensure that the program portfolio management process (for new product development or sustaining activities) is consistently practiced across their portfolio of existing and potential projects.
- Enabling project core teams to be successful by ensuring detailed planning & budgeting, team operating mechanisms are established, execution activities are driven and monitored and effective communications between teams and all functional/business stakeholders are occurring.
- Monitoring, identifying issues / opportunities for improvement and driving the implementation of changes in the product life cycle management processes within projects and across the organization.
- Coaching, mentoring and development of their direct reports.
- Participate in the coaching and mentoring of cross functional core team members to ensure the development of project management capabilities across the organization.
Education and Experience:
- Business acumen
- Successfully launched multiple products to the market place including software products.
- Highly process oriented and demonstrated proficiency in various software development lifecycle methodologies including Agile, Iterative, V-Model, etc.
- Knowledge of medical device software development is highly preferred including knowledge of standards such as IEC 62304, ISO 14971
- Role model of Vital Behaviors and Leadership Essentials
- Understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices, Good Laboratory or Clinical Practices and Product Development Process requirements
- Expertise in all aspects of program management
- Highly effective communication/presentation skills (verbal and written).
- Very passionate about continuous learning and constantly keeps up with industry trends.
- Believes in her/his ability to successfully take on new and difficult challenges, question the status quo and take risks.
- Ability to reduce an overwhelming amount of information into a few salient issues
- Brings a can-do-attitude to work and inspires others to raise their performance bar, highly organized and brings quality orientation to everything they do (emails, document, code, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and develop other project management personnel.
- PMI or IPMA or equivalent certification desired
- MBA/MS or Bachelor's with equivalent plus 10 years project management experience and 15 years of product life cycle experience with demonstrated success leading multi-site, global or enterprise-wide programs in the medical products industry
#LI-CV1Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy Reasonable Accommodations
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
A little about us:
Our employees are connected by an enduring commitment to save and sustain lives. This higher purpose binds us in doing work that matters.