The Director talent acquisition-field leads the enterprise field recruitment strategy and team across all field channels including retail stores, contact centers, distribution. This role is critical to Lowe's as it will own the entire field recruiting strategy and process for all field jobs (hourly and salaried) as well as lead all talent acquisition efforts to support these hiring needs, resulting in over 100K hires per year.
This Director guides and develops regional Recruiting leaders and recruiters by aligning the recruitment strategy with the company's key business drivers and implementing best practices that will enhance the overall recruiting program. This includes engaging in process improvement initiatives geared towards streamlining and standardizing policies, procedures, tools and metrics.
This Director is also responsible for planning resources that support recruiting efforts while maintaining or enhancing the employment brand and adhere to compliance standards.
• Recruiting expert and advisor to the organization for all field recruitment needs including; establish effective relationships, be a consultative resource, active member and a trusted advisor, Serve as the recruiting leader for all field recruitment efforts.
• Develop a recruiting workforce that is flexible and nimble enough to quickly respond to changing priorities including; adapting and applying new approaches to different scenarios; Monitor the recruiting workflow and provide direction for prioritizing the requisition load to ensure attainment of service level expectations; Provide innovative solutions to meet the staffing needs of the organization including building a matrix of ready now 3 rd party suppliers that can augment during peak seasons.
• Ensure staffing and hiring practices are following all compliance guidelines and applicable laws.
• Demonstrates continuous learning and maintains a highly skilled and engaged workforce by aligning resource plans with business objectives; recruiting, selecting, and developing talent; motivating teams; preparing individuals for growth opportunities and advancement; staying current with industry trends, benchmarks, and best practices; providing guidance when difficult decisions need to be made
• Drives the execution of multiple work streams by identifying customer and operational needs including; analyzing resources, costs, and forecasts and incorporating them into business plans; gaining cross-functional support for business plans and priorities; translating business strategy into actionable business requirements; setting standards and measuring progress; removing obstacles that impact performance; guiding performance and developing contingency plans accordingly
• Partners cross-functional with other talent acquisition leaders, field operations leaders, talent management leaders and field HR leaders to establish short term and long term recruiting plans segmented by market and role type.
This position will lead up to 5 direct reports and 40+ indirect reports. This position will manage a multi-million dollar budget.
This position will require travel.Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree (no specific area)
- Minimum 10 years of recruiting experience
- 4+ years of experience leading a team of 3 or more resources
- Experience working in an organization supporting field and corporate recruiting efforts
- Experience managing a budget or experience with managing to financial targets of at minimum $500K
- Strong communication, collaboration and influencing skills Ability to travel to sites and recruitment as required
- MBA or Masters
- Retail Experience
Lowe's is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
Lowe’s isn’t just a home improvement company; we’re committed to creating a culture that’s inspiring.