Dir User Experience CCO (Job Number: 023301)
WHS Corporate Office - 1419 Lake Cook Rd
1419 Lake Cook Rd
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We're taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe's Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home. Job Summary
Responsible for leading a team of designers, researchers, technology experts and program leads who are changing the way customers engage with Walgreens on various contact channels - voice, chat, SMS/text, email, and social. Lead efforts to define, design and deliver customer-centric strategies aimed at creating a seamless, integrated, and personalized omni-channel service experience for our customers. Job Responsibilities
- Lead user-centered design and continuous improvement efforts to define, design and deliver large scale omni-channel customer service experience. The current focus is on platform consolidation, personalized self-service automation (particularly in voice, chat, SMS and social channels), seamless transitions from self-service to customer service, and deployment of new CRM tools for contact center representatives.
- Define platform strategy and technology roadmap for enterprise-grade customer service experience. Major components include voice platform for IVR, language technology (e.g. directed dialog speech recognition, natural language processing) for automation across channels, CTI / queuing and routing, and CRM.
- Work with internal stakeholders to generate business justification for customer service experience initiatives and necessary platform investment.
- Champion the customer service experience and platform capabilities across the enterprise, creating partnerships with other lines of business and delivery teams to deliver solutions.
- Provide thought leadership around the evolution of customer service experience, frequently providing the enterprise with insights, analysis and recommendations on "what's next" and where relevant technologies are headed.
- Plan, develop and manage large departmental expense and capital budgets.
- Develop and mentor staff through on-boarding, open communication and training and development opportunities.
- Manage vendor relationships on behalf of the enterprise to deliver solutions in a cost effective manner.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 6 years of experience in developing and building technology around the customer service experience OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 9 years of experience in developing technology and building technology the customer service experience.
- Experience managing multiple customer engagement channels - phone/IVR, chat, SMS/text, email, and social.
- Experience applying user-centered design to create and continuously improve and manage large scale self-service automation applications across one or more customer engagement channels, particularly IVR, chat, and SMS.
- Experience developing a project plan, including charter, scope, project management approach and management plans, such as the statement of work, cost estimates, schedule, and forecasts.
- Experience negotiating with outside vendors, including negotiating contracts, prices, resolving service issues and reconciling differences.
- Experience establishing and maintaining partnerships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community and with vendors.
- At least 2 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- At least 3 years of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work
- Willing to travel up to 15% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Experience with quality assurance.
- Experience with Lean, 6 sigma, and/or continuous improvement.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.