Coca-Cola Southwest Beverages LLC, is expanding their corporate headquarters in the Dallas, TX market and have several new opportunities to start on 4/1/17 as a result of the recent acquisition by Arca Continental Beverages, a partner with the Coca-Cola Company for over 90 years. These new positions will be part of the new structure and company. The Coca-Cola Southwest Beverages team is comprised of 9 manufacturing facilities and distributes product from 37 locations. We market, produce and deliver bottles of happiness; serving markets throughout Texas, as well as parts of New Mexico, Oklahoma and Arkansas. Our employees are true ambassadors of one of the most recognized brands in the world.
As employees of this great company, we enjoy attractive compensation schemes and comprehensive benefits, along with opportunities for growth and advancement. We invite you to be a part of this dynamic, growing company that has consistently been recognized as a Great Place to Work!
The Direct Materials Manager is responsible for leading procurement efforts of the Direct Materials categories to efficiently and effectively enable spend owners such as business units and functional partners to maximize the value they receive from suppliers to meet their objectives.
* Analyze, negotiate, and approve specific procurement and supply strategies related to Direct Materials categories proposed by CCBSS for the benefit of Coca-Cola Southwest Beverages and Arca Continental’s global procurement strategy.
* Lead, negotiate, and communicate the short- and long-term Direct Materials supply strategies and results of negotiations performed by CCBSS, in order for the different Coca-Cola Southwest Beverages’ areas to implement them at an operational level. Arca Continental´s specific Procurement strategies should also be lead and implemented within Coca-Cola Southwest Beverages.
* Negotiate, conciliate, and represent Coca-Cola Southwest Beverages procurement interests related to Direct Materials within Arca Continental, for the convenience of its region.
* Attend, represent, and communicate Coca-Cola Southwest Beverages in Direct Materials procurement related events, seminars, etc., for having the right representation of Arca Continental in these forums.
* Develop, lead, and manage business relationship with key Direct Materials suppliers for the benefit of Coca-Cola Southwest Beverages procurement strategy. Plant visits and other related activities are relevant for building suppliers relationships.
* Analyze and manage Commodity Risk Management related to Direct Materials. Work with Procurement Director to obtain Financial Committee’s approval before implementing strategies.
* Analyze, negotiate, and execute initiatives related to Direct Materials categories.
* Bachelor’s Degree required
* Master’s Degree preferred
* Major—Engineering, Science, and/or Business
* Advanced level English required
* Basic level Spanish preferred
* 3 years of management experience with procurement
* 3 years of coordinator experience with operations and logistics
* Expert knowledge of negotiation skills
* Advanced knowledge of objectives management
* Advanced knowledge of costs and budgets
* Advanced knowledge of finance
* Basic knowledge of quality systems
This position description is not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development and compensation. As such, the incumbent may perform other duties and responsibilities as required.Coca-Cola Refreshments is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.