About the company
A career at the company offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, the company colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. the company, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Director, Access Integration Lead will have a cross functional leadership role that will ensure the integration and implementation of an optimal market access strategy supporting all aspects of the commercial plan and maximize the performance of the brand. The incumbent will also ensure integration and execution of the Market Access pre and post-launch supporting all aspects of commercial planning and maximizing the performance brand.
Payer Marketing, Global Health and Value, Field Sales, Account Management, SAS, Medical Outcomes Specialists, Inflammation Field Medical Directors, Patient Access Specialists, Legal, Regulatory, Medical, and other departments and external partners
1. Manage and coordinate the development of both the short-term and long-term Market Access strategy for the brand that aligns across all key stakeholders.
2. Manage and oversee Market Access plans and relevant brand business issues requiring coordination across the functions of Payer Marketing, Global Health and Value, Field Sales, Account Management, SAS, Medical Outcomes Specialists, Inflammation Field Medical Directors, Patient Access Specialists, Legal, Regulatory, Medical, and other departments and external partners.
3. Ensure the right level of resourcing to support the Market Access plans.
4. Ensure appropriate communication, integration and collaboration across Payer, Consumer and HCP strategy and tactical plans.
5. Lead the development of the Market Access business analytics and insights plan.
6. Align stakeholders on key Market Access and performance metrics.
7. Ensure appropriate alignment and synergies across multiple indications.
8. Lead the development of the pre and post launch Market Access plans across all indications.
9. Lead the pull through plan including developing and monitoring performance goals associated with contracting decisions.
• 15+ years of professional experience preferred
• 8 - 10 years of broad pharmaceutical experience preferred
• People management experience preferred
• Access and reimbursement experience preferred
• Extensive cross-functional leadership experience required
• BA required, MBA preferred
Travel required: 20-30%
• Building and monitoring brand budgets and forecasts
• Preparing investor relations communications
• Understand the business processes, terminology, and integration with marketing of finance, manufacturing, sales, insights, global, business development, new products, and/or other relevant disciplines.
• Experience in leading and managing multi-facet businesses and teams
• Prior ownership of the development and execution of marketing strategies and tactics for various audiences (healthcare provider, payer, consumer, etc.) is preferred
• Leading and managing activities in various stages of brand lifecycle, including launch phase, early growth, mature in-line, and late-stage is preferred.
• Leading and managing marketing initiatives for brands in multiple therapeutic areas is preferred.
Understands and utilizes economic, financial, and market data to accurately diagnose business strengths and weaknesses, identify key issues, and develop strategies and plans.
• Analyzes - Accurately performs substantial quantitative financial calculations and/or understands the implications of financial graphs, charts, tables, etc.
• Integrates - Integrates financial data effectively, allowing for the identification of key issues and decision-making criteria and the determination of strategies and plans.
• Understands the application of financial strategies and systems - Uses appropriate financial strategies and systems to maximize cash flow and limit risk to the organization.
Broad Business Perspective
Understands the business models and processes of all major functions of the Pharmaceutical / Biotech business (R&D, Manufacturing, Sales, Marketing, Legal, Finance, etc) and how these functions interact with each other.
• Knows synergies - understands how major functions can and should work together effectively.
• Knows potential conflicts - understands how the culture, political and financial perspectives of major functions differ and how the functions can work at cross-purposes.
• Uses knowledge to inform business decisions - uses this broad business perspective to inform planning and decision-making
Driving for Results
Setting high goals for personal and group accomplishment; using measurement methods to monitor progress toward goal attainment; tenaciously working to meet or exceed those goals.
• Targets Opportunities - Systematically evaluates business opportunities and targets those opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive business results.
• Establishes Stretch Goals - Establishes stretch goals for self and others that are designed to achieve positive business results.
• Achieves Goals - Tenaciously works to achieve stretch goals related to positive business results.
• Takes calculated risks - Takes and encourages others to take calculated risks associated with achieving stretch goals or overcoming barriers to goal achievement.
• Stays focused - Remains self-disciplined; measures progress and evaluates results; reprioritizes as appropriate; prevents irrelevant issues or distractions from interfering with timely completion of important tasks.
Developing Strategic Relationships
Using appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to influence and build effective strategic relationships with business partners, teams, departments, units or outside organizations (external vendors, alliance partners, etc) to help achieve business goals.
Planning and Organizing
Establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
Prioritizes-Identifies more critical and less critical activities and assignments; adjusts priorities when appropriate.
Determines tasks and resources-Determines project/assignment requirements by breaking them down into tasks; identifying equipment, materials, and people needed; and coordinating with internal and external partners.
Schedules-Allocates appropriate amounts of time for completing own and others' work; avoids scheduling conflicts; develops timelines and milestones.
Leverages resources-Takes advantage of available resources (individuals, processes, departments, and tools) to complete work efficiently.
Stays focused-Uses time effectively and prevents irrelevant issues or distractions from interfering with work completion.
Interacts with others in a way that gains commitment to action, ensures clarity, and creates common goals.
• States an action-oriented purpose - Clarifies the purpose and importance of the message and the actions required or requested.
• Organizes the communication - follows a logical sequence, stresses major points and recaps information as necessary.
• Presents a fact-based case - employs meaningful data and concrete examples; provides clear explanation of relevant facts and presents a well-prepared and logical case;
• Adjusts to the audience - Frames message in line with audience experience, background, and expectations; uses terms, that are meaningful to the listener.
• Engages the audience - Keeps the audience engaged through use of techniques such as analogies, humor, illustrations, proper grammar, body language, and voice inflection.
• Ensures clarity - Seeks input from listener(s) to ensure understanding; presents message in different ways as needed to enhance understanding.
• Seeks commitment to action - summarizes and asks for commitment to action
Other Information - Internal
Colleagues who are issued an Incident Final Warning (IFW) on or after January 1, 2016, are not eligible to post and compete for a position for a period of 12-months from the date an IFW is issued.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
the company is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. the company also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. the company is an E-Verify employer.
A little about us:
Join Pfizer in our mission to find sustainable solutions to the most urgent health care challenges of our time. Your service is needed.