Provides leadership and direction through managers. Is accountable for the performance and results of a region or related job families. Executes segment/functional business plans and contributes to the development of segment/functional strategy. Decisions are guided by segment/functional strategy and priorities. Directs and controls the activities of a broad functional area. Key Responsibilities
- Manage the activities of sales professionals and/or managers to achieve the sales objectives for a strategic account and/or a group of accounts within assigned territory(ies).
- Has overall accountability for planning, executing and submitting the Annual Sales Business Plan within the account under his/her scope of control.
- Oversees all strategic account plans and objective planning for both account-specific plans and product-specific plans. Plans, coordinates, prepares standards of presentations, and conducts periodic account status reviews with the account/regional sales leader as appropriate.
- Manages sales objectives, submission of calculations, supporting data and reviews quarterly data with account sales leader for their approvals.
- Ensures effective management of the department's human resources, including staffing, performance management and evaluation, career guidance, compensation and other human resource issues.
- Represents Applied Materials' interests in customer negotiations; conducts follow-up on accounts receivable resulting from sales.
- Manages expenses for sales department under his or her control within guidelines and departmental budget.
- Demonstrates broad and comprehensive understanding of different systems, theories and practices
- Applies broad industry and commercial awareness to drive financial and operational performance across business unit, department or sub-functions
- Leads through subordinate managers of managers; executes segment/functional business plans and contributes to the development of segment/functional strategy
- Directs the resolution of highly complex or unusual business problems applying advanced analytical thought and judgment
- Guided by segment/functional strategy, impacts results of a department, business unit or sub-function or facilitates the work done by other segments/functions by providing support to impact the business
- Negotiates and influences the opinions of others at the senior executive level and in external organizations; exercises sensitivity to the audience
Position requires understanding of Applied Materials global Standards of Business Conduct and compliance with these standards at all times. This includes demonstrating the highest level of ethical conduct reflecting Applied Materials' core values.Qualifications: Education
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10 - 15 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.