Job Location: United States : Florida : Tampa
The Director – Accounting of Corporate & Other will be responsible for providing overall guidance, develop policy, and establish controls and processes for the financial results within the Corporate & Other segment.
- Lead a team of associates to review/analyze financial results to timely and accurately signoff on Plan/Projections cycles, and the monthly close and reporting deliverables on both US GAAP and US STAT basis.
- Lead the team to focus on identifying and implementing process and control improvements and to promote the principles and values of One MetLife.
- Ideal candidates will exhibit strong leadership skills, written and verbal communications skills, possess strong organization skills, are proactive, meet multiple deadlines, detail-oriented, and strong presentation skills.
- In addition, the candidate must maintain customer relationships and be able to interact with senior levels of management.
- Bachelors in Accounting required; Masters of Accountancy or MBA preferred
- CPA preferred
- Insurance industry background preferred
- 8+ years private and/or public accounting experience
- PeopleSoft Accounting Ledger experience preferred
- Ability to interact with officers and senior management
- Influence partners and customer requirements
- Proven leadership required to lead and develop a team and to organize their job functions
- Lead improvements/streamline processes and enhance controls
Corporate & Other Controllers
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.