Director, Actuary (Annuity Assumptions and Predictive Analytics)
Location: Newark, New Jersey
Posted: November 07, 2017
Reference ID: ANN000NG
Prudential Financial, Inc. is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company’s well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services. For more information, please visit www.prudential.com .
Prudential Annuities develops, markets, and services an array of fixed and variable annuity products designed to help investors generate guaranteed income that they cannot outlive. It is a leading provider of innovative variable annuity products, with over $150 billion of variable annuity assets under management.
The candidate will be an integral part of the Annuity Assumptions and Predictive Analytics team in the Individual Annuities Actuarial department. The team is responsible for providing innovative data insights to drive financials and business decisions.
· Support assumption development, inforce management, product development, and other strategic initiatives with data insights
· Apply analytical tools and techniques
· Train the rest of the team in the tools and techniques
· Communicate results to management
· Manage relationships with key partners and stakeholders outside of actuarial
Successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Bachelor Degree in Actuarial Science, mathematics, finance, computer science or other quantitative related fields are preferred.
• 5 years of experience in the life insurance industry preferred
• Solid understanding of Variable Annuities products
• 2 years of experience in predictive analytics, or accelerated underwriting, or big data, or VA behavior analysis, or experience studies.
• Solid expertise in analytical techniques and tools (SQL, R, Python, SAS, etc.)
• Solid verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team