Job Location: United States : North Carolina : Cary
Overall responsibility for the experienced delivery and management of data analytics for internal audit assignments to ensure that all business risks are anticipated, recognized, and appropriately managed before they can adversely affect the company.
- Support the program owner in executing the strategy of the global data analytics program like advancing analytic culture across the department, developing and leading analytics training, developing and managing DA program metrics, managing infrastructure and data sourcing, etc.
- Identify new analytics opportunities that are in line with the strategy.
- Lead and develop analytics to assess data and provide quantitative and qualitative indicators of risk.
- Leads and develops programs and scripts using various industry standard tools to automate transaction testing and global, strategic audit automation for business or IT processes and enterprise financial practices
- Prepares reports of audit findings for business managers, and proposes recommendations
- Participates consultatively in implementing changes to the extent possible.
- Lead and manage a highly motivated team of on-shore and off-shore data analysts
- Manage direct report(s), including performance, career, and compensation management
Analytics reviews may be conducted in specialized areas, such as insurance, financial products and services, investments portfolios, accounting & financial reporting, actuarial, IT, or international operations, requiring specific knowledge pertaining to insurance and investments products, operational and financial processes, policies or regulations governing areas being audited.
The Data Analytics Director is responsible for leading/participating in discussions with Senior Management, regarding Analytics planning and reviews.
- Advanced understanding of:
- Writing and optimizing SQL & ACL queries for transaction manipulation rather than application development
- ETL tools (e.g. Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services, Talend) and their usage with variety of source system platforms
- BI and reporting tools (e.g. Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services)
- IT general controls (e.g. security, change management, disaster backup recovery, data center, etc.)
- Development Life Cycle methodology.
- IT application control concepts (e.g. application processing controls, system reconciliations, matching, workflows, etc.)
- Data Mining & manipulation
- Visual Analytics tools (e.g. Tableau, Spotfire)
- Working knowledge of:
- Database administration
- SAS Analytics
- Operating system and database platforms (e.g. mainframe, client/server, Web services, Windows, UNIX, AS400, DB2, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree required in Computer Science, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Information Systems or related fields of expertise, or equivalent experience
- 8-10+ years’ experience with analytics, preferably in an internal audit department of a financial services industry
- CPA or CA preferred
- Competent knowledge of different analytics techniques and concepts desired
- Competent knowledge of the operations, procedures and policies of assigned business units desired with strong familiarity with their specific business processes and transactions.
- Competent knowledge of generally accepted audit standards, and Corporate Internal Audit standards preferred
- Ability and experience in driving change in complex, global, matrix organizations.
- Proven track record to solve business problems
- Proactive and motivational leadership style in a collaborative team environment
- Customer centric
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 59901