Director, Advanced Marketing Analytics
Location: Stamford, Connecticut
Posted: November 11, 2017
Reference ID: 207310BR
This senior technical role, Spectrum Director, Advanced Marketing Analytics, delivers advanced CRM analytics that drive deeper customer engagement and enhance data driven marketing decisions relating to retention tactics and impact on customer survival. Also includes responsibility for managing one analyst and driving cross-functional collaboration. Work closely with research, pricing, revenue forecasting and Care teams to optimize impact from retention, promotion expiration and customer interaction analytics.
Responsibilities to include:
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONSSkills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Extract data using SQL and conduct advanced data mining and/or modeling including time series analytics, logistic regression, factor analysis, and clustering.
- Develop an ongoing "customer lifecycle management" profile, tracking methodology and enhancing the plan to identify, grow and retain customers.
- Identify drivers of churn and downgrade performance versus expectation
- Build statistical models or other analysis of customer disconnects, and Non-Pay behavior
- Isolate distinct drivers of increased or decreased promotional offer expiration churn by using statistical modeling techniques
- Monitor CRM impacts such as product or package migration & average rate change /CLV including post offer enrollment or migration
- Product packaging analysis including using viewership data to inform decisions about video tiers
- Leverage expert knowledge of retention, packaging and segmentation analytics and deep familiarity with business trends to develop insightful and actionable ad hoc analyses.
- Lead new and/or highly complex data analytics/processes and provide timely insights on emerging technologies and business threats.
EducationBachelor's degree in Marketing, Statistics, Business, Management or related field
- Ability to lead teams and processes to efficiently manipulate and analyze large data
- Experience with time series analytics, logistic regression, factor analysis, and clustering
- Strong working knowledge of database / data manipulation, analysis tools and BI solutions
- Ability to communicate technical specs and business findings in a clear and straightforward manner
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Oracle and Teradata SQL script editing, including the ability to extract large amounts of data and prepare the data for advanced analytics (e.g., dummy coding, transformations, etc.)
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of SAS with an emphasis on Base SAS, SAS JMP, SAS Enterprise Guide, or SAS Enterprise Miner
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, including customer analysis/modeling for product use, satisfaction, adoption and risk of defection
- Ability to identify analytical requirements for understanding shortfalls/excess to appropriate marketing plans, programs, initiatives and directives
Related Work Experience
Tactical/operational marketing experience - 8- 10 years
Segmentation, scoring, analysis and customer research experience - 5 years
SQL/SAS experience - 5 years
Management experience - 3 years
Master’s or MBA strongly preferred in Marketing, Marketing Science, Business Analytics or Statistics, Marketing Communications or consumer behavior-related field
Additional training, certification (e.g. SAS Certificate) academia, research, etc.