Job Location: United States : Delaware : Wilmington
At MetLife, we seek to make a meaningful impact in the lives of our customers and our communities. This role is within Global Actuarial Modeling (GAM) which provides Modeling related services to MetLife’s actuaries. We design, build and maintain actuarial models in a variety of actuarial software systems and give advice and support to MetLife’s actuaries on all aspects of modeling.
If you want to use and improve your actuarial and interpersonal skills in a varied, fast-paced, client-driven environment, and enjoy helping people and learning new things, this position will be of interest to you.
- This important role will be responsible for testing and validating actuarial models for any of the wide variety of actuarial bases in use in MetLife’s global operations.
- The successful candidate will work closely with the model developers and model users within Global Actuarial Modelling (GAM) in delivering this independent testing, ensuring any changes and issues are understood and well communicated.
- This role ensures that the results the MetLife’s actuaries’ depend on are accurate and reliable.
- These models provide the bedrock for the valuations and pricing in our business.
- In reviewing and validating the integrity of these models, our team plays a crucial role in MetLife’s success.
- In addition, we also develop and maintain the standards for which model testing is undertaken throughout MetLife, setting the delicate balance between compliance and usability.
- FSA designation
- 8+ years of related experience, including a minimum of approximately 3+ years of experience in financial modeling, testing, validation, implementation and/or model development.
- Bachelor's degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, or related field.
- Strong communication skills are required so that our customers understand and are engaged in any review process, and we are able to develop the testing standards from a customer point of view.
- Proven ability to collaborate with other areas, including IT.
- Works well under pressure and within time constraints to effectively accomplish individual and team objectives.
- Able to work independently, and resourceful enough to find solutions themselves.
- Knowledge and experience in US Stat, US GAAP, US Tax, Solvency II, and/or Embedded Value accounting would be beneficial.
- Proficiency in the use of modelling software packages, such as Prophet or Pathwise is preferred.
- Self-starter who is innovative with solutions, and able to provide leadership.
Financial Management Group
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 59684
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.