At MetLife, we seek to make a meaningful impact in the lives of our customers and our communities.
In January 2016, MetLife announced a plan to pursue the separation of a substantial portion of its U.S. Retail segment. Once separated, the new business will be called Brighthouse Financial.
Brighthouse Financial will serve customers the way they want, need and deserve. It will focus on eliminating the complexity, confusion and cost that can get in the way of many Americans who are seeking financial security. We will bring products to the market that add value to our customers' lives, and will be guided by a common set of values that focus on the customer and drive accountability.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking high-performing team members who are passionate about the company's mission. We are laser-focused on adding value to our customers and minimizing complexity in every decision and action. We are building high performing teams who set the bar high and hold each other accountable.
This position will be responsible for Statutory and GAAP projections (earnings, RBC, dividends) and analytics (stress testing) within Brighthouse's Life Insurance business ($250.0mn+ annual earnings). This is a new dedicated position within the Brighthouse's Financial Projection and Analysis group designed to facilitate innovative approaches towards enhancing shareholder value. In addition to strong modeling capabilities and technical knowledge of life products, effective communication skills would be very beneficial, as this position affords extensive opportunities to work with various groups across the firm (e.g., Actuarial, Investments, ALM, Treasury, Risk, Pricing, Accounting, etc). Job Location
United States : North Carolina : Charlotte Alternate Job Location
Not Applicable : Not Applicable Job Description
- Work closely with current MetLife Legacy Life & Annuities Projections team to ensure a smooth transition of these functions post-separation.
- Analyze and modify existing modeling tools designed for STAT set company-wide capital management strategies and GAAP financial projections and analysis used by Brighthouse's CFO and Treasurer to help.
- Work closely with Actuarial to enhance Stat and GAAP reserve projections / sensitivity analysis.
- Work closely with ALM, Investments, and Risk to augment existing hedge strategies.
- Work closely with Treasury on capital management and free cash flow analysis.
- Work closely with Controllers to perform STAT and GAAP earnings quarter close analysis.
- Minimum of 5 year's experience in the actuarial field.
- Fellow of the Society of Actuaries.
- Strong modeling skills with a working competency in APL and/or any modern actuarial software (e.g. MoSes, Prophet, Alfa, etc..).
- Knowledge of retail life products - participating whole life, term, variable life and universal life (with and without secondary guarantees) .
- Working knowledge in MS Office and MS Access.
- General familiarity with statutory and GAAP financials, reserving methods and RBC requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics, Statistics or Actuarial Science.
Americas Region Number of Openings
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace. Note to Mobile Users: If viewing on a mobile device and would like to apply, please email the job to yourself and complete the application from a desktop/laptop. Note to Desktop/Laptop Users: For immediate consideration, click Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which takes 10 - 15 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job. Internal Use Only: 13M