Overview of the Position:
This is a highly visible position with ownership of Claims Actuarial analytics for all Auto claims, both Personal and Commercial Lines. At over $2b of loss paid annually, auto claims represent nearly 40% of total claim spend across The Hartford's P&C operations. Responsibilities:
Qualifications: Experience & Skills:
- Complete ownership, including production and communication, of proactive, actionable Claims Actuarial analytics.
- Translate impact of Claims' operational and environmental changes on applicable loss costs, trends, and patterns. Partner with Personal and Commercial Reserving Actuarial to integrate insights into reserving work.
- Work side-by-side with Claim and Business partners to recognize and analyze emerging claim trends, and develop strategies around risks and opportunities identified through your work.
- Drive forward innovations and improvements and see the impact of your work from inception to conclusion. This includes sharing findings with management and working with partners across teams to make meaningful changes.
Behaviors at the Hartford
- ACAS/FCAS preferred
- Strong leadership skills
- Driven, intellectually curious, passionate, resourceful and creative.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Experience with data visualization.
- Attention to detail with strong time and project management skills.
- Proactive individual, who challenges existing processes, can influence others and drive a process to a conclusion while meeting critical deadlines
- Deliver Outcomes - Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers
- Operate as a Team Player - Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford
- Build Strong Partnerships - Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others
- Strive for Excellence - Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve
The Hartford is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Hartford maintains a drug-free workplace.
Committed to Building Inclusion and Leveraging Diversity ** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **