**Please note this role can be filled at the slightly lower level and can potentially qualify for the student program if candidates meet requirements for entry into the program.** Overview of the Position
Hartford Group Benefits (HGB) A&H is charged with delivering the products and pricing that maintains our core A&H products while looking to capitalize on a shifting market to drive profitable growth and new product development. We are looking for an individual with expertise is A&H products such as Business Travel Accident, Blanket Lines/Participant Accident, Standalone AD&D, Reinsurance Assumed, Study Abroad and related insurance coverages for consumer, employer & association groups to support pricing and analytics. This role will work closely with the Product line leadership team in supporting all the pricing responsibilities for these new, enhanced products. Additionally, this individual will have interactions with all HGB Product teams plus with Marketing, Distribution, Legal/Compliance, Finance and Underwriting. Responsibilities: Product Pricing, Rate Filing, & Modeling
Product Risk Management
- Support pricing and product design of all A&H products including but not limited to modelling, actuarial memos and state filings
- Conduct rate indication study and experience study for overall and varies minor line of business.
- Support business stakeholder in development and pricing of new products through the rate filing process and direct interaction on ongoing account review.
- Collaborate with Finance, Marketing Actuaries, and data analytics and analysis function to ensure data used for pricing and monitoring is complete, accurate, adequate and timely.
- Drive build out and maintenance of underwriting and rating tools and policy detail data collection
- Performs complex and creative actuarial analyses and participates in cross-functional assignments
Qualifications: Experience & Skills:
- Ensure execution of rate level indications and portfolio profitability exercise to be performed on various A&H product segments
- Initiates, defines, and manages to completion, studies that underlie actuarial assumptions and are designed to improve risk selection & pricing
- Provide budget and ongoing forecast loss ratio and Unearned Premium Reserve estimates as needed, and work closely with Finance Actuary, Accounting, and Business Analytics at quarter close and for quarterly reporting.
- Assists in developing and maintaining departmental policies and procedures including process improvements, pricing best practices, appropriate risk loads for catastrophic risk, commissions, reinsurance, expenses and profit loadings.
- Monitor and implement key regulatory and risk management procedures, as well as audit requirements
- Work closely with underwriting staff and distribution on new opportunities and rate adjustments.
- Monitors and analyzes financial results in order to communicate the impact of strategic and operational plans
Behaviors at the Hartford
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Attainment or near attainment of actuarial designation (FCAS, FSA)
- 3-5 years of related work experience with A&H products and progressively increasing
- Strong communication skills to effectively communicate results in written, oral and presentation format
- Excellent analytic, quantitative and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team as well as exert influence while participating in large group projects
- Deliver Outcomes - Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers
- Operate as a Team Player - Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford
- Build Strong Partnerships - Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others
- Strive for Excellence - Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve
The Hartford is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Hartford maintains a drug-free workplace.
Committed to Building Inclusion and Leveraging Diversity ** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **
A little about us:
HIRING VETERANS IS A PRIORITY FOR THE HARTFORD