GBD helps millions of everyday Americans ensure that when accidents and illnesses happen, their families don't also have to deal with financial difficulties. The Hartford is a mover and a shaker in the industry - we're one of the largest and fastest growing (a rare combination) providers of employee benefits in the U.S. In addition to our rapid growth, we've developed an enviable reputation as one of the most financially disciplined writers in the business.
This position is responsible for pricing and financial performance of the group accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity, and other voluntary products. The main responsibilities include product pricing, compliance support, profitability modeling, analysis of financial results, operational planning, underwriting support, and strategic leadership on all aspects of these products.
Specifically, the individual in this role will:
- Provide leadership to positively influence not only this functional area but Commercial markets/Group benefits organization as a whole.
- Own risk analysis, pricing, and financial aspects of the accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity, and other voluntary products. Develop pricing and underwriting strategies that balance financial discipline while promoting sales growth.
- Lead pricing and risk assessment activities for new and existing voluntary product initiatives. This role will provide the opportunity to interact with many different departments and influence product design/pricing outcomes to ensure appropriate risk/reward balance.
- Develop/revise pricing tools used by actuaries and underwriters to improve pricing accuracy and efficiency. Establish and help implement underwriting guidelines.
- Work effectively with the Compliance area to ensure that all state rate filing requirements are met and that The Hartford's pricing practice is consistent with the regulations.
- Support the development of the annual operating plan, including earned premium and incurred claims projections.
Behaviors at the Hartford
- Career ASA or FSA with MAAA.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
- Experience with voluntary insurance products strongly preferred.
- Strong leadership skills; ability to drive change with strong influencing skills. Negotiation skills to resolve differences while maintaining positive working relationships
- Effective communication skills with ability to boil down data into an effective actionable summary
- Independent thinking, proven track-record of influencing outcomes, and strong sense of ownership
- Proven ability to work independently
- Team player with strong collaboration skills; ability to build strong relationships across the organization
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, with thorough attention to detail
- Deliver Outcomes - Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers
- Operate as a Team Player - Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford
- Build Strong Partnerships - Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others
- Strive for Excellence - Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve
The Hartford is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Hartford maintains a drug-free workplace.
Committed to Building Inclusion and Leveraging Diversity ** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **
A little about us:
HIRING VETERANS IS A PRIORITY FOR THE HARTFORD