At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people's exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe. As a Global Marketing Director, Anifrolumab - GPPS
in Gaithersburg, MD
, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives.
Anifrolumab is a Phase III compound that is being developed for systemic lupus erythematosus and other Type I interferon-driven diseases. Anifrolumab is the only molecule currently in development that targets the Type I IFN receptor and is being developed with a gene signature test that will help identify patients who may benefit most from Anifrolumab treatment. The Anifrolumab Diagnostics Director, GPPS is responsible for integrating the strategy of the Type I IFN gene signature test and Anifrolumab brand strategy. This role will drive value to external customers (e.g., patients, physicians, payers) and will also inspire cohesive partnerships with internal global and local cross-functional colleagues.Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Contributes to development of global brand strategic plan
- Plans and executes global commercial activities for pre-launch and up to 3 years post launch.
- Delivers global disease state campaign and global HCP branded campaign
- Builds brand agency relationships at a senior level.
- Provides direction throughout the creative development process to develop bold brand experience ideas which achieve communication objectives
- Builds relationships with key regional and local marketing contacts to ensure launch readiness and commercial execution of brand strategy
- Five years of marketing and/or promotions experience.
- Demonstrated execution of high-impact customer-facing promotional activities
- Demonstrated delivery of market-shaping commercial initiatives, preferably in pre-launch setting
- Successful experience in launch readiness and / or launch execution
- Demonstrated success in forging, managing, and influencing relationships in a cross-functional (preferably global) team
- Ability to clearly and persuasively communicate complex scientific concepts and comfort working with internal and customer scientific experts
- Strong strategic marketing skills and ability to translate customer insights to strategy to tactics
- Required commercial experience in US
- Preferred commercial experience in immunology disease or other specialty diseases
- Sales and/or sales leadership experience desirable.
- Business or scientific graduate degree with a business / marketing related post graduate qualification
Key external stakeholders:
- AstraZeneca's diagnostic manufacturing partner
- Lab networks (e.g., Quest Diagnostics, LabCorp, etc.)
- Physicians / Key External Experts
- Payers / Health Technology Assessment bodies
Key internal stakeholders:
- Global Product Team and Global Commercial Sub-Team
- Personalized Healthcare and Biomarkers, Translational Science, and local market Diagnostic Directors
- Cross-functional colleagues in Medical Affairs, Pricing and Market Access, Global Analysis and Intelligence
- Regional Commercial and Marketing Company Teams
- GPPS TA VP and Science Unit VPs
Global travel - 25 - 30% global travel anticipatedNext Steps - Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.