Plano 3 (31063), United States of America, Plano, Texas
Director, Assistant General Counsel - Bankruptcy
- Serve as the legal subject matter expert and counselor advising Capital One’s Home Loans and Auto Finance bankruptcy operations groups and related support groups (e.g., Legal, Compliance, Audit, and Quality Assurance).
- Support the Home Loans and Auto Finance bankruptcy operations groups as an integral member of their operational and risk management processes.
- Provide strategic and proactive leadership on legal and regulatory issues affecting the Home Loans and Auto Finance businesses.
- Ensure timely identification, mitigation, resolution and reporting/escalation of existing and emerging legal issues and risks.
- Support the development, marketing, and rollout of new products, services, and other innovations impacting customers being serviced by the Home Loans and Auto Finance bankruptcy operations groups.
- Review internal policies and procedures and advise Capital One’s Home Loans and Auto Finance bankruptcy operations groups on best practices, policies and procedures.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholder groups.
A successful candidate will have:
- Deep expertise in consumer bankruptcy laws and regulations affecting residential mortgage, home equity, and auto finance products and services.
- Financial services industry knowledge and expertise, including experience with consumer regulatory requirements relating to residential mortgage, home equity, and auto finance products and services.
- A thorough knowledge of consumer protection laws, including TILA, ECOA, UDAAP, RESPA, FCRA, FDCPA, SCRA, Dodd-Frank Act, and accompanying regulations.
- Complete understanding of the regulatory framework applicable to a bank originating and servicing residential mortgage, home equity, and auto finance loans subject to oversight by the OCC and CFPB.
- General familiarity with GSE and FHA requirements.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage large volume of work, including complex legal issues that may arise suddenly.
- Ability to thrive in an environment primarily defined by close collaboration with the Home Loans and Auto Finance businesses and Legal colleagues to solve complex legal issues and to develop guidance and advice.
- Ability and willingness to work as a team player, with comfort interacting with associates across departments and job levels, both inside and outside the Legal department.
- Juris Doctorate (J.D.) and a member of a state bar
- At least 7 years of law firm, in-house legal department, or government experience in an attorney role
- At least 3 years’ experience working with consumer bankruptcy laws impacting banking products, including home and auto loans
- 8+ years of law firm, in-house legal department, or government experience in an attorney role
- 8+ years’ experience working on consumer regulatory matters, with an emphasis on consumer bankruptcies involving home and auto loans
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.