Locations: VA - McLean, United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Director, Audit Model Risk
Corporate Audit Services (CAS), the Internal Audit function within Capital One, is a dedicated group of audit professionals focused on delivering top quality assurance services to the organization’s Audit Committee. The CAS department is considered one of the leading internal audit functions within the financial services industry and is highly regarded within Capital One. CAS professionals are experienced, well-trained and credentialed, and operate within a collaborative, agile environment to deliver value-added opinions and recommendations. In addition, the CAS vision of Innovate Continually, Perform Brilliantly, and Set the Standard create a dynamic and challenging atmosphere for both personal growth and professional opportunity.
In this position, the Director, Audit Model Risk, will:
- Perform internal audit work related to financial and statistical models and provide input to all audits involving financial and statistical models across all audit groups, as well as support audits addressing overall model governance and model validation.
- Maintain all organizational and professional ethical standards, and work independently under general supervision.
- Responsible for maintaining CAS’s inventory of models and corresponding audits.
- Leverage available data and analytical tools during the planning, fieldwork, and reporting phases of audit delivery
- Establish and maintain good client relations during engagements. Communicate or assist in communicating the results of some audit projects to management via written reports and oral presentations.
- Assist with audits conducted across the enterprise, with a specific focus on CCAR, Market Risk, Liquidity Risk, Credit Risk and AML/BSA.
Here's what we're looking for in an ideal teammate:
- You believe insight and objectivity are core elements to providing assurance on the effectiveness and efficiency of Capital One’s governance, risk management, and internal control processes.
- You adapt to change, embrace bold ideas, and are intellectually curious. You like to ask questions, test assumptions, and challenge conventional thinking.
- You develop influential relationships based upon shared risk objectives and trust to deliver outstanding business impact and elevate Audit’s value proposition.
- You’re a firm believer that a rich understanding of data, innovation, and technical knowledge will only make you a better Auditor. This will require leveraging the power of data analytics and furthering your technicalknow how, so you’ll want to ensure that technology doesn’t scare you off.
- You're a teacher. You have a passion for coaching and investing in the betterment of your team.
- Lastly, you create energy and an environment that make it easy to attract, hire, and retain top talent.
As one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For,” you can look forward to coming to work every day with a team of people that are committed to excellence and doing the right thing.
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 8 years of experience in auditing, at least 8 years of experience in model risk management, at least 8 years of experience in model development, or a combination
- At least 6 years of experience in leading audit engagements or at least 6 years of experience in project management
- At least 2 years of experience in banking or at least 2 years of experience in the financial services industry
- Master’s Degree in Math, Master’s Degree in Statistics, Master’s Degree in Economics or Master’s Degree in Finance
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Financial Analyst (CFA), Certified Regulator Compliance Manager (CRCM), or Financial Risk Manager (FRM)
- 10+ years in financial modeling experience, 10+ years in statistical modeling experience, or a combination
- 8+ years of people management experience
- 5+ years of experience in a bank or 5+ years of experience in a financial services firm
- 1+ years of experience with data analytics tools in support of internal audit
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.