Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you'll find yourself in the company of some of the industry's smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
Director, Bank Fraud Unit Job Description
This Regional Operations Director position manages the fraud operations function (Student Loans, Personal Loans, Deposits and Home Equity) across the Lake Park and New Albany locations, reporting to the Vice President of Consumer Lending and Banking Operations. This role manages a team of approximately 2 Department Managers, 6 Team Leaders and 100 Account Managers.Responsibilities
- Supervise daily fraud operations activities to ensure best possible fraud prevention and recovery results and productivity. Requires daily analysis and understanding of numerous MIS reports.
- Ensure the fraud operations organization has sufficient daily capacity (people, systems, seating, etc.) to adequately cover all work loads. Coordinate with HR, WFM and Training for recruiting and training of all employees.
- Build and maintain top talent within the organization. Develop staff to meet business goals and prepare for advancement opportunities. Ensure high satisfaction levels of all employees.
- Communicate effectively with all people. Possess strong presentation skills.
- Make business efficient and communicate decision to staff in a timely manner.
- Analyze critical functions within the center and create and implement change.
- Build partnerships and work collaboratively across centers and functions to address issues, share knowledge and best practices.
- Interact effectively with staff, peers and senior management.
- Ensure compliance to company policies and procedures and government regulations. Maintain all appropriate records and reports.
- Four year college degree is required.
- Seven or more years experience managing a portfolio or operation of sufficient size and scale.
- Requires a thorough understanding of all federal and state regulatory requirements.
- Ability to provide strategic and operational leadership and direction to a large team for optimal results using strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks with varying deadlines.
- Proven people skills including the following areas: communications, coaching/feedback, goal setting, development, recognition, mentoring, etc.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.