Director, Beauty eCommerce
Johnson & Johnson Consumer, Inc, a member of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Director, Beauty eCommerce to be based out of Skillman, NJ.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Family of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and OTC products.
The Director of J&J Beauty eCommerce is responsible for driving the Beauty ecommerce strategy to drive accelerated growth. The Director would lead the online presence, Beauty content and “digital shelf” for the Johnson & Johnson portfolio of Beauty brands, across the eCommerce ecosystem (eg: omni-channel, pure-play, and DTC). This role will collaborate with key Sales team stakeholders and support Beauty business leadership in setting and delivering sales growth targets, while bringing a mindset of innovation to understanding consumer behavior in the eCommerce space. The Director would lead the holistic ecommerce plan and how it all works together to drive business results – Media, Merchandising, Search. This role will report directly to the President, U.S. Beauty.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Lead Digital Conversion Strategy for the Beauty business unit
o Ensure portfolio is complete and up to date across Product360 and Enhanced Content to maximize conversion potential (and plan for ongoing)
o Understand the digital path-to-purchase and identify opportunities to intercept or enhance it, working with GSIA, eCommerce team, Media agencies, Shopper Marketing and Consumer Activation to align digital media to merchandising efforts, online and in-store.
• Be the “Ecomm Voice” and Leader for the Beauty Brand teams:
o Represent Marketing POV on equity communication, brand/category/product support priorities, Creative copy/assets, brand/product pairings.
• Collaborate with cross-functional partners to manage all aspects of the eCommerce business; including but not limited to:
o Portfolio management
o Supply chain
o Business planning
o Product imagery and descriptions
o Content strategy, development and implementation (enhanced content, product detail pages, brand stores, etc…)
o Promotional campaigns
o Creative asset management/ strategic oversight
o Search and Media strategies
• Lead development of eCommerce new product development strategy to include:
o eCommerce Packaging
o Enhanced content at launch
o New Product samples
o eCommerce Exclusive Items
• Serve as a liaison and primary point of contact for the eCommerce sales team and Media agencies to evaluate, prioritize, develop, manage, and implement eCommerce initiatives (eg: media, search, merchandising)
• Partner with Sales Strategy to ensure seamless integration of eCommerce specific objectives into overall customer and category strategies
• Manage “OTT” Budget with Media agency to significantly accelerate growth in ecommerce revenue aligned to Beauty strategy, and develop plan to invest in specific media tactics. Provide POV on effectiveness by category.
• Partner with eCommerce team to understand and analyze all measurement, reporting and optimizations and communicate relevant information to brand team members, executive leadership and cross-functional partners
• Develop DTC strategy for key brands in Beauty portfolio.
• Work with eCommerce core team to generate and implement new sales and marketing initiatives to accelerate eCommerce sales and profitability
• Identify new areas of opportunity for innovation beyond current organizational approaches and practices related to eCommerce.
The candidates should have experience in BEAUTY Marketing (Prestige, Specialty is preferred) and specific experience within Beauty Ecommerce space.
• A minimum of a 4-year degree is required
• At least 8 years of total business experience required
• 3+ years’ in digital marketing or e-commerce is preferred
• Experience in Beauty required
• Ability to prioritize and to successfully manage multiple projects/initiatives
• Ability to work in a matrix environment, interpret and communicate complex business data, and manage conflict and negotiate successfully as well as strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships
• Prior management experience of 2+ years’ strongly preferred
• Prior director level experience preferred
• Experience working with executive level leadership preferred
• Strong computer skills, including MS Office Suite applications, sales database, and web applications
• Demonstrated experience leading teams in managing and delivering digital content and web content strategy required.
• Previous experience in writing for digital media and/or managing web properties including creative, technical, or interactive staff and services, with client services, creative agency, content development, or association experience preferred.
• Broad knowledge of web content development, ecommerce platforms, digital publishing, e-mail, and social media best practices, technologies, and tools preferred
• Knowledge of display and integration of multimedia content
• Experience managing large-scale Web properties preferred.
• Well versed at creating engaging, accurate and informative content and the ability to write in different styles to appeal to multiple audiences required; editing knowledge and experience.
• Understanding of editorial style guides, application of consistent editorial standards and application of standardized content tone and voice.
• Understanding of meta content strategies and tactics to optimize content for search engines required.
• Must have comprehensive knowledge of sales compliance policies and challenges; exceptional business communication skills, with demonstrated ability to communicate complex messages to diverse audiences.
• Comprehensive knowledge of consumer products industry, category, brand strategies, competitive products, classes of trade, and the ability to apply this knowledge to solve complex problems successfully required.
• 25% travel may be required with this role. Position will be based out of Skillman, NJ.
United States-New Jersey-Skillman
North America-United States-New York-New York
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)