The Director of Bulk Systems Technology & Asset Management will be responsible to manage national engineering and asset management team supporting Airgas regional Field Service operations. This position shall be responsible to ensure his team provides support for continuous improvement of Airgas Field Service operations in the areas of: safe and efficient design standards, code compliance, related procedures (design, installation, operation, and maintenance of bulk installations), and asset management. The position will be located in Houston, Texas and report to the Vice President of Bulk and FLOXAL Systems and Technology. Job Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
Safety and Environment:
- Personally comply and promote all corporate safety standards.
- Ensures all equipment and project designs are compliant with all applicable company requirements as well as federal, state, and local regulations.
- Lead and/or participate in selected incident investigations.
- Provide leadership and guidance to drive continuous improvement for process safety.
- Technical knowledge related to the design, installation and operation of bulk installations.
- Working knowledge of inventory management principles and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems.
- Provide knowledge based technical decisions where required.
- Develop and prioritize objectives for continuous improvement of technical solutions related to bulk system standards.
- Develop and prioritize objectives for continuous improvement of bulk asset management.
- Act as liaison with other entities (i.e. other engineering entities, group expert networks, CGA, etc.) to foster knowledge transfer to better the company.
- Strong leadership and communication skills providing guidance to team members.
- Implements/ manage annual strategies and department priorities.
- Delegation of appropriate levels of authority within the department.
- Developing talent within the group through stretch assignments and challenging projects.
- Resource planning to ensure the continuity of engineering expertise for the long term.
- Coach, mentor and monitor progress of direct staff members.
- Providing regular status reports to management for department objectives.
- Develop internal processes for the department to ensure efficient and consistent results.
- Ensure team provides technical expertise for internal demands (audits, safety incidents, external entity requests, etc.).
- Skill Set, Knowledge and Expertise:
- Knowledge of Vendor qualification program principles.
- Working knowledge of applicable construction codes including: NFPA, National Electrical code, International Fire Code, Uniform Building Code, OSHA, ASME/DOT standards, and CGA standards.
- Demonstrated knowledge of physical & chemical properties of Industrial Gases.
- Technical knowledge of cryogenic and gaseous equipment and installation standards utilized in bulk gas systems supplying O2, N2, Ar, He, CO2, N2O, and H2 at customer sites.
- General knowledge of field construction including civil, mechanical and structural disciplines.
- Understanding of project development (cost estimating, specification, required engineering, logistics, etc.).
- Prior experience managing a technical work group of employees.
- Ability to lead technical discussions and effectively communicate the results of complex analysis.
- Ability to strategically manage resources to execute projects on time and on budget.
- Ability to utilize Google Enterprise Apps and MS Office products.
- Proven successful track record of continuous improvement within departments managed.
- Working knowledge of engineering documentation such as P&ID's, electrical one line diagrams, specifications, calculations, etc.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize work.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Including facilitation and presentation skills.
- Has full range of motion and ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Able to work around process equipment, including traversing ladders and stairs.
- Able to wear FRC clothing and other PPE.
- Ability to travel as needed (limited travel anticipated).
Educational / Experience Requirements:
- BS degree in Engineering discipline or equivalent industry experience.
- 10 years of engineering and / or operational experiences in relevant areas of Industrial Gas systems.
- Fluent in English
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.