The One Commercial Partner organization (OCP) has an open position for Director of Partner Recruitment Strategy. This is a unique opportunity to develop and execute a global recruit strategy to build out Microsoft’s partner network to meet business requirements and market opportunities. The primary accountability is to define, shape and develop the Partner Recruit Strategy that results in gaining mind share and drive market share through growing partner capacity across priority partner types and solution areas. This would include recruiting new partners from compete/adjacent channels or expansion of IP/services of current partners into other relevant solution areas or business types. The successful candidate will be entrepreneurial and a strategic thinker who will assess, define and optimize the recruit targets, motions and execution across our partner segments. She/he will have a broad perspective and deep understanding across Microsoft’s solution portfolio, Microsoft’s partner ecosystem and partner recruit and development motions. Success will require a deep understanding of partner channels and a well-informed view of the future partner paradigm. This will need to be complimented with the ability to develop the recruit strategy and value proposition and to drive initiatives that removes barriers and facilitates successful recruit execution of partners to build out Microsoft’s future state partner ecosystem. Accountability would also include developing and leading the recruit strategy for priority initiatives such as Inbound Scale Recruit, ISV Cloud Embed and Strategic Market Makers.
The Partner Recruitment Strategy lead ensures that there is a comprehensive recruit strategy for OCP that proactively seeks opportunities to advance the growth initiatives of Microsoft.
1. Define the global partner recruitment strategy including capacity, capability, categories, use cases, market segments and customer priorities and provide the execution guidance on partner assessment, ideal profile pools to choose and target for new partner recruitment
2. Measure and track the prospect funnel for recruitment allowing for capacity gap fulfillment/coverage as tracked in OCP Tools, understanding performance, gaps and priority issues that require resolution
3. Research and provide guidance to select high priority target partners who fill the strategic gaps in the partner ecosystem through a unified Recruit Strategy for OCP partner ecosystem
4. Develop partner value proposition, next gen business models and cash-flow centric partner economics that simplifies the new partner acquisition model shaping and unlocking the immense value to the current and future Microsoft partner ecosystem
5. Work across MSFT Business Groups, Product Marketing, R&D, Solution Architects, Professional Services, OCP Corp/Field, Support and Sales teams to define and deliver on the recruitment strategy. Excel by building influence, relationships and credibility across diverse groups through a wide range of results-oriented agile initiatives
6. Define, Develop and Deliver programs and initiatives to remove barriers for the partner ecosystem that enables our partners to adopt the MSFT technologies in an agile manner
7. Identify short term new channel opportunities and lay the groundwork for long term strategic ISVs, SIs, MSPs and Channel Dev partners added to the ecosystem
• A passion for technology, products, IP development and ISVs
• Proven capability to collaborate with and influence a varied group of stakeholders
• Proven ability to lead and drive results
• Key interpersonal traits include: motivation, passion for technology, creativity, adaptability, unquestionable ethics & integrity, and a willingness to take calculated risks
• Results driven; strategic thinker; negotiation skills; strong cross group, high level of executive maturity
• 10+ years’ experience in business/partners
• B.A./B.S. in Computer Science / Comp. Engineering, Marketing or related field M.B.A. (or equivalent in related work experience)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.