Company DescriptionCommon Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity
. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere . This is our global vision and the common purpose
that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity
to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
"Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code." Job Description
The Business Finance team supports all of the Visa, Inc. global business functions including Marketing & Communications, Product, Digital Solutions and Merchant Sales & Solutions. We are an agile, highly visible team that works using a consultative model with business to apply data to business and finance decisions as well as measure performance.
We are seeking a proactive finance leader to join the team supporting Merchant. As a finance business partner this person will cultivate strategic operational partnerships in order to drive strategic and financial thought leadership and successfully complete the financial planning, budgeting, forecasting, and month-end
- Strategic Partnerships
- Highly motivated finance leader who easily cultivates effective relationships with senior executives and staff both inside and outside the Finance organization
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to influence and build credibility as a "peer" with business leaders in global and regional function
- Make decisions with limited guidance, usually within a complex and often ambiguous environment, to drive rigorous, fact-based recommendations to senior management, while supporting syndication with
stakeholders across the organization
- Acquire and maintain a deep understanding of the strategies, priorities and issues of the business functions, globally
- Collaborate with business leaders to quantify the financial impacts of operational risks and opportunities. Successfully apply insights learned to the planning and forecasting processes
- Strong executive presence and ability to clearly communicate compelling messages to senior executives and external business partners
- Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible, with excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and writing capabilities
- Cross-functionally partner with other global functions to lead the annual budget, quarterly forecast and month end close process
- Partner with Functional / Regionals finance teams to understand and prepare commentary regarding variances, business drivers and influence forecasting assumptions
- Partner with functional stakeholders to create detailed business cases and supporting financial models, when necessary
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills with superb attention to detail, ability to drive complex financial modeling and analysis with thoroughness and accuracy to quantify impact of investments and explain viability of new business models
- Identify and implement changes that improve efficiency and effectiveness of operational decision making
- 7+ years of finance experience with progressively increasing responsibilities
- Consulting or corporate strategy experience preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to clearly communicate results with senior level executives
- Ability to lead diverse, cross functional, global teams to solve complex, ambiguous problems required
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA or advanced degree from top tier academic institution preferred
- Advanced level of Excel and PowerPoint required
- Experience with a complex financial system (e.g., Hyperion, TM1, etc.) is preferred.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.