Director, Business Forecasting, Gartner Research, Anywhere in NA
Location: Stamford, Connecticut
Posted: December 14, 2017
Reference ID: 00017290
Lead the Research & Advisory Business Forecasting function, with responsibility for developing, maintaining and socializing data-driven forecast models in the areas of budgeting, resource allocation and regional growth strategy for all roles and functions within the Research & Advisory organization.
* Independently develop and maintain a portfolio of forecast models that accurately predict changing resource demands for all roles, functions and client support activities with Research & Advisory. Models must be data driven and flexible enough to allow for assumption elasticity and scenario planning.
* Work with a variety of senior stakeholders across the organization to drive consistency in forecast methodology and forge agreement on assumption parameters.
* Present monthly forecast updates to the Executive Management Team (EMT), highlighting the evolving market and demand dynamics, changes to model assumptions and any resulting changes in forecast trajectories.
* Partner with and coach R&A leadership (Group VPs & Managing VPs) on how to apply forecast data to resource decision making, driving consistency in resource requests and optimization of resource application to maximize efficiency and drive growth and retention.
* As needed, provide ad hoc modeling and analytical insights to inform strategic initiatives outside the forecasting portfolio, including but not limited to the annual long range planning exercise (LRP).
This role can be located anywhere in the U.S.
Gartner office or Work At Home
Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s and/or Doctoral degree preferred. Degrees with a concentration in statistics, data science, operational research, finance or economics preferred.
10+ years business experience including 6+ years of analysis, data mining and/or predictive data modeling experience combined with 6+ years of experience in a business or consulting environment responsible for analytics and/or forecast development.
* High degree of technical competency required; In-depth knowledge of statistical principles and their application in forecasting and data analysis; Experience developing and applying both inferential and predictive models; Familiarity with relational databases and SQL, ideally coupled with facility with one or more of the following programming languages or toolsets: R, Python, SAS, Hyperion, Julia, Java, Scala or similar.
* Strong knowledge of general business practices with a proven ability to gain consensus and drive action from a large, diverse global set of constituents.
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment, prioritize & handle multiple requests concurrently and consistently deliver results in a timely fashion.
* Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver compelling executive-level presentations. Excellent verbal & written communication skills; Strong interpersonal & relationship-building skills.
Job ID 00017290