We are looking to hire a Director, Business Intelligence who has a proven thought leader in data analytics who designs, directs and oversees high level strategic decisions for business intelligence platform. Charged with governance, design, implementation, integration, and production support efforts related to organizational data strategies. Responsible for leading the design and maintenance of business intelligence applications. Ensures that the use of business intelligence applications enhances business decision making capabilities. Accountable for organizational data integrity related to service function. Drives strategic and process improvement initiatives related to business intelligence.
Overall Business Intelligence Ownership (60%)
• Responsible for team charged with preparing and presenting business critical information in a visually appealing and easily understood manner, making it relevant and actionable for key stakeholders.
• Hire and develop a highly talented and effective data science team. Team will be required to collect and synthesize complex data from multiple sources, provide intellectual rigor to analysis and interpretation processes, and derive meaningful insights that support the achievement of strategic and operational goals.
• Lead the analytics team in creating high quality analysis for all aspects of organization with heavy emphasis on proactive customer intimacy to drive outcomes through effective decision making.
• Collaborates with executive management team using data platform to identify and evaluate new business opportunities, drive innovation and implement opportunities for business impact; Lead executive-level discussions on opportunities, recommendations and decisions based on data findings and analysis. Work directly with senior leadership to establish goals, priorities, and initiatives leveraging Advanced Analytics and Planning
• Designs and develops tools using financial and operational data in support of improved financial performance.
Data Integrity (40%)
• Build effective governance, accountability, and processes for business intelligence; establish business intelligence related operational policies and procedures and ensure all department heads are fully informed of operational objectives.
• Establish a clear and transparent framework for developing, testing, and scaling actionable insights resulting in measurable business impact
• Partner with data infrastructure peers and operational managers to identify data gaps and improve data quality
• Ability to drive analysis of large data sets to discover trends, patterns and actionable insights. Apply research and evaluation standards, descriptive statistics and data management principles to translate complex data into meaningful content.
• Present findings using verbal, written, and graphic communication techniques. Offer recommendations to support organizational performance improvement.
• Work closely with multiple internal stakeholders to analyze business needs and deliver relevant information in appropriate formats.
• Design, create, test and maintain a portfolio of reports, scorecards and dashboards. Demonstrated proficiency, formal training and/or certifications in one or more Business Intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau, OBIEE) required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills including ability to distill large amounts of data to their essence and communicate that essence to executive decision makers.
• Must be able to guard very sensitive information with utmost confidentiality.
• Ability to build trust with business partners and provide leadership to implement change related to the analysis and data findings.
• Bachelors' degree in business related field.
• Master's degree in advanced statistical analysis preferred.
• 15+ years in a senior level role responsible for analytics, including 7+ years leading an analytics initiative with demonstrated achievements in analytics and data science at prior roles
• In-Flight Entertainment Experience preferred.
• Demonstrated proficiency in analyzing data to derive business insights and support performance improvement initiatives
• Demonstrated proficiency in the collection, classification, dissemination, integration and visualization of complex information
• An innovative thinker that can turn ideas into solutions.
Location/Division: 26200 Enterprise Way, Lake Forest, CA 92630, USA Job Requisition: 1700698
A little about us:
Our people are the driving force behind passengers’ amazing entertainment experience and customers’ robust business platform.