Director Business Intelligence & Analytics
Posted: April 15, 2017
Reference ID: 110605885
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa's innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world's major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are more than 8,000 talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
The Global Data Platform team is a key part of Visa's Technology organization. Our mission is to provide the enabling technology and processes to manage Visa data assets and deliver Value Added Information Products and Services to our customers. We are an integral part of the Loyalty, Commercial Services, Back Office Processing, Business Intelligence and other core revenue generating areas within Visa.
Our team is dedicated to building on past success for our customers. We are committed to leveraging Visa data in the most efficient, secure way in order to maximize the profit potential of this vital corporate asset. We maintain 10+ PB of data with over 90 data systems for our lines of business, product development and bank customers, and provide services on behalf of our traditional customers to millions of cardholders and merchants around the world. Our applications are on the cutting edge of technology, and we are viewed as innovative leaders within our industry.
Visa has one of the world's largest and most valuable, comprehensive payments data stores in .... it is an exciting time for a data professional to join our team.
Lead, manage, and develop an advanced Business Intelligence and Analytics platform team that will partner with product organizations in developing the future state of BI platforms and information products at Visa. Reporting to the Senior Director of Data, this position will execute a company-wide strategic vision to consistently leverage data, tools, and applications for optimal business processing, adoption of data, and critical decision making within Visa and external partners. Team building, stakeholder management, and player/coach skills are essential to deliver business results. Takes an informed view to anticipate new trends and customer needs; and find new and innovative ways to solve complex challenges as the team implements its internal and external BI initiatives.
• Recruit and lead a global team of BI and Data engineers and architects.
• Establish vision and influence roadmap for BI and Analytics program
• Develop and operationalize BI and Analytics platforms and solutions
• Manage vendor relationships and technology partnerships for BI platforms
• Maintain a close partnership with product organization and technology teams
• Develop and execute a technical architecture that ensures self-service, business agility, and ease of use for end users that includes internal and external BI products
• Ensure operational excellence for BI platforms and services
• 8+ years of full-stack BI implementation experience
• Experience leading diverse cross-functional teams, mentoring, and managing stakeholders across business units and Technology
• Experience with data warehouse/lake, data virtualization architecture, and data modeling concepts
• Experience with BI and visualization technology, including MicroStrategy, Looker, Tableau, and D3.js
• Experience leading company-wide BI programs, business-acumen, and technical expertise in data space, self-service analytics, and data governance processes
• Direct experience with Hadoop distributions, including Cloudera and Hortonworks is highly desirable
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.