Job Location: United States : Florida : Tampa
The Director of Business Intelligence & Insights Delivery is a hands-on, detail-oriented responsible for the strategic delivery of data as a “product” through business intelligence and marketing automation capabilities. With a strong focus in reporting, descriptive insights and audience segmentation, this position will play a key role as a leader of a team providing quality, innovative, timely data insights to our internal business partners to drive strategic and tactical decisions. The ideal candidate will utilize their experience to continually identify opportunities to enhance reporting, insights and audience segmentation delivery for MetLife’s U.S. Business programs. This is a fast-pace, agile-based environment that requires a passionate individual with a can do attitude who is comfortable work cross-functionally with different levels within the organization. The ability to handle several projects simultaneously is essential, as are strong communication and project management skills.
- Lead a team for the development and delivery of data integration, business insights, audience segmentation and reporting needs. Define, prioritize and manage the activities assigned and also to resolve any dependencies or questions raised by the team.
- Lead and perform the gathering of business requirements for solutioning. Ensure clarity of requirements, expectations, deliverables and timing. Understand stakeholder’s business model, objectives and ensure solutions meet their objectives.
- Collaborates with the business to define and develop key drivers and metrics to measure revenue creation and operational effectiveness
- Responsible for driving the collection and coordination of requirements across unctional areas and working with Information Management (IM) to implement required changes to meet reporting and analytical needs
- Provide prioritization and project management of team activities while proactively identifying areas in which analytics efforts can produce a strong value add
- Provide technical direction of all activities related to the report development, insight delivery and segmentation
- Establish relationships with key business partners to develop reporting and dashboards that lead to actionable insights
- Ensure that the data model is extensible, scalable with future customer needs in mind; be thinking of the big picture all the time
- Ensuring solution designs address performance requirements, availability, integrity, security, scalability challenges as well as business functional requirements
- Coach, mentor and train team members to establish a consistent level of quality, accuracy, accountability, and compliance of department standards
- Create and maintain a work environment that promotes client service, teamwork, performance feedback, individual recognition, mutual respect, and employee satisfaction ensuring quality hiring, training, and succession planning processes that encompass the company’s diversity commitment
- Performs other related duties as assigned or required.
- At least 10 years of leadership experience, preferably within the business intelligence discipline
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or a related field, or equivalent education and experience
- Knowledge of data structures, systems and business intelligence tools including Cognos, Business Objects, QlikView and Tableau
- Ability to self-manage and be the business’s driving force while consistently exercising good judgment and maturity
- Experience in working with all levels of management, including Senior Executives and consulting with key business stakeholders preferred
- Ability to work in a high fast paced environment managing multiple projects and personnel simultaneously. Must possess ability to prioritize conflicting duties and maintain timeline integrity for projects and tasks
- Must have excellent written, verbal and public presentation communication skills. Must be able to produce analytical findings and executive summaries
- Must have initiative and strive for continuous improvement. Proven ability to participate in implementing innovative ideas, projects and business solutions
- Clear understanding of change management preferred. This should include participating in the development or implementation of solutions which require comprehensive shifts in operational practices
- Ability to anticipate situations, tools needed, and obstacles through critical thinking and review of business performance
- Ability to work on multiple levels from resolving individual support issues to leading large strategic programs
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 50061
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.