Provides leadership and direction through managers. Is accountable for the performance and results of a region or related job families. Executes segment/functional business plans and contributes to the development of segment/functional strategy. Decisions are guided by segment/functional strategy and priorities. Directs and controls the activities of a broad functional area. Key Responsibilities
- Provides strategic direction for the Business Management team and may manage managers for multiple customers and regions. Primary interface between sales and BU.
- Responsible to forecast, and deliver to booking, revenue and gross margin commits.
- Formulates, integrates, and drives division strategy for assigned account(s) and region(s). Responsible for achieving specific Market Share (%) goals.
- Understands customer roadmaps and HVPs and ensures product development priorities address HVPs. Positions division products in line with customer/competitive landscape. Key contributor to red teams competitive analysis. Participates in Large Order committee - Provides pricing margin and scorecard details.
- Primary point of contact for BU/Division GMs for customer status and strategy. Owns management level customer interaction.
- Partners with Sales and other BUs on product(s) pricing structure for order closure. Leads pricing strategy to introduce product enhancements to increase margin. Handles complex negotiations
- Directs content preparation and strategy for Customer Technical Review Meetings. Periodically presents state of the business results to BU management.
- Manages and develops managers and employees and multiple projects/ programs for the Business Mgmt. organization
- Demonstrates broad and comprehensive understanding of different systems, theories and practices
- Applies broad industry and commercial awareness to drive financial and operational performance across business unit, department or sub-functions
- Leads through subordinate managers of managers; executes segment/functional business plans and contributes to the development of segment/functional strategy
- Directs the resolution of highly complex or unusual business problems applying advanced analytical thought and judgment
- Guided by segment/functional strategy, impacts results of a department, business unit or sub-function or facilitates the work done by other segments/functions by providing support to impact the business
- Negotiates and influences the opinions of others at the senior executive level and in external organizations; exercises sensitivity to the audience
Position requires understanding of Applied Materials global Standards of Business Conduct and compliance with these standards at all times. This includes demonstrating the highest level of ethical conduct reflecting Applied Materials' core values.Qualifications: Education
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10 - 15 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.