In this role, you will be instrumental in defining Microsoft's approach to partnering with cloud ecosystem partners. As Microsoft transforms, we are approaching partnering in new ways and in this role, you will work with the leadership of our partner organization to set priorities for and coach hundreds of Partner Development Managers around the world. This role is often referred to as the Global Role Lead.
We are working with partners in new ways as they build solutions on the Microsoft cloud platform and as they tap into the Microsoft enterprise sales and marketing engines. Joining this team at Microsoft means that you will be part of a fast-paced and collaborative organization, and that you will be a part of defining partnering model that will impact how Microsoft’s ecosystem grows.
- Working with Microsoft leadership to define partnership priorities and communicating with the Partner Development Managers (PDMs) around the world that work with Microsoft ISV partners.
- Regular communication with the community of 100+ PDMs around the world - including conference calls; Skype; field visits; and ad hoc 1:1 support as needed.
- Coach Partnership Development Managers (and their managers) around the world on how to successfully perform their role.
- Drive thought leadership, alignment, and consistency on Microsoft partnering strategies and execution plans across the community of hundreds of Partner Development Managers (PDMs) around the world.
- Lead the efforts around compensation plan design for the community in collaboration with partner segment leadership, OCP Compensation teams, and HR.
- Actively participate into the partner list strategy (i.e., Microsoft’s approach and criteria for selecting partners) and design for the partner segment aligned to business requirements in collaboration with partner segment leadership, other PDMs GRLs, and operations.
- Collect and consolidate training and readiness requirements from the PDM community; and design and deliver a readiness plan for the PDM community.
- Define and land metrics that matter to the community in alignment with performance dashboards to measure and track progress and performance of the PDM community.
- Drive Monthly community calls and quarterly performance calls aligned with the standard business review schedule.
- Consolidate insights and feedback, share learnings, and act as the voice of the field to Corp and the voice of Corp to the field.
- Ensure consistent experience, execute communication and connection plans for the community (newsletters, teams, community calls, summits,?) leveraging broad communication channels to the Microsoft field, and be the point of contact for escalations within the community
- Share best practices with other role owners within Microsoft.
- Ensure consistent content for hiring guides/ role profiles. Influence and provide strategic context to the field leadership team to hire the right profiles
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
• 10+ years of experience in partner channel development, sales, business development, alliance management in the technology industry
• Working knowledge of cloud business models & how apps/ services are brought to market.
• Experience with technology platforms and solutions with a reasonable level of technical proficiency
• Extensive experience of managing virtual teams across functions and geographies: Inclusive and collaborative - driving teamwork and cross-team alignment
• Strong partner relationship management and solution development skills
• Strong executive presence including communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort to large and small audiences.
• Problem solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources, conflict resolution, and follow through with partners.
• Bachelor degree required (Sales, Marketing, Business Operations); MBA desired.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.