Job Location Cary, NC
A candidate has been identified for this role.
Provides expertise related to end to end project development and deployment related to project design and deployment of all or aspects of target operating model, process management, and lean six sigma initiatives, metrics and benchmarking. Identifies, prioritizes, and implements projects that meet strategic, tactical, and business client demand. Effectively manages resources and leverage capabilities outside of own organization through negotiation and influence.
- Effectively manages resources and leverages capabilities outside of own organization through negotiation and influence. Assists AVP and/or Head of Business Transformation to work with Senior Management to identify critical business issues, areas of improvement, establish project plans and project teams.
- Integrates Lean Six Sigma methods within the implementation of process and change management across lines of business.
- Manages and tracks project progress to support short and long term business objectives.
- Facilitates and leads process improvement teams, mentoring and providing technical support to Lean Six Sigma, Architecture, and/or metric/benchmarking projects.
- Reviews results of project reports measuring company performance against project initiatives and goals. Assists Lean Six Sigma business unit champions in selection, prioritization, planning and launch of projects.
- Ensures appropriate governance of projects through program management. Identifies, prioritizes, and implements projects that meet strategic, tactical, and business client demand.
- Drives the change management framework. Structures and runs working sessions with business stakeholders that drives to conclusions, agreement and outcomes.
- Provides updates to senior business leadership regarding project status and the application and implementation of new or revised procedures, processes, and/or initiatives. Mentors and participates in the certification of Green and Black Belt candidates.
- Collaborates with Executives and Senior Management to develop solutions for improving organizational and strategic alignment and performance.
- Collaborates with corporate functions and LOB’s to facilitate target operating model design and roadmap implementation. Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Full people management responsibilities, including hiring, firing, promotions, performance and compensation management, and training and development.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field, Master’s degree desired
- 12+ years of professional experience, preferably in insurance, financial services, or management consulting.
- International experience highly desired
- 7+ years of Lean Six Sigma, business architecture, or metrics/benchmarking experience
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt or related professional certification in business architecture
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 39881
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.