Responsible for serving as strategic advisor to the top leader of a strategy or business unit to ensure achievement of the company's strategies. Actively works with leadership to develop key strategies for achieving long term growth objectives. Leads financial and strategic evaluations of transformation initiatives to achieve enterprise wide operational effectiveness and efficiency. Leads cross-functional strategic initiatives and provides subject matter expertise and industry best practices related to business transformation. Leads and develops a complex multi-disciplinary project team.
This role will be focused on leading teams for Mergers and Acquisitions, Divestitures and Joint Ventures from a Strategy, Integration Management and Execution perspective.Job Responsibilities
- Serves as strategic advisor to the top leader of a strategy or business unit helping connect their work to achievement of the company's strategies.
- Leads large cross-functional change programs and provides subject matter expertise and industry best practices related to business transformations.
- Oversees and provides direction to multi-disciplinary project teams, regarding lean, six sigma, program management, and change management who are engaged on key company change programs.
- Oversees end to end approach for development of key change programs in partnership with senior business leaders. Develops key hypothesis and supervises project team in conducting interviews, gathering data, defining and executing required analyses, identifying issues and problems and recommending approach to address them.
- Provides critical thinking and influence by helping to link the company's strategic agenda to the resulting execution plan. Provides guidance and counsel in development of long range plans involving strategy development, resource allocation, work plans, timelines, and financial outcomes.
- Engages Business Unit leaders regarding requirements to deliver on strategies and partner to shape initial scope for One Plan change programs.
- Drives end to end implementation of One Plan Change programs across applicable disciplines (Program Management, Process Improvement, and Change Management).
- Improves strategy execution by ensuring strategic integration to the Project Management Office, Walgreens Lean Six Sigma, and Change Management ensuring seamless service delivery and hand-offs from strategy formulation to execution.
- Resolves conflicts by making decisions, or negotiating with affected executive management.
- Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; builds and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 8 years of experience in conducting enterprise analysis to understand the core needs of a business, its strategic direction, and identify initiatives that will allow a business to execute on its strategic goals.
- At least 3 years of experience leading cross-functional teams to drive enterprise wide business transformation initiatives.
- Experience collaborating cross-functionally in a matrix structure and influencing stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Experience in diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using AVERAGE function, merging and centering cells, printing centered page and/or creating a pivot table).
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: changing picture styles, customizing animation and/or setting automatic slide timings).
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: adding developer tab, creating a macro, formatting table style, inserting comments and/or creating a mail merge).
- At least 3 years of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
. Preferred Qualifications
- MBA/Master's degree.
- At least 6 years of experience in management consulting industry.
- Experience formulating and leading the Integration Management Office.
- Experience with all aspects of Mergers and Acquisitions, including workstream definition and execution, team organization and management, TSA and FCC needs.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.