At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people's exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe. As a Director, Capacity Management, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives. GMD (Global Medicines Development) drives late-stage development of our innovative pipeline, transforming exciting science into valued new medicines and ensuring patients around the world can access them.
The Director of Capacity Management provides overall leadership, direction and support to GMD and overall GPT line functions in establishing the over all long-term strategy and vision for capacity management. Director of Capacity Management provides recommendations on strategic resource management based on integrated analytics of resource demand data, project workload, strategic project priorities, forecasting and outsourcing strategies to enhance the transparency and effectiveness of resources for planning and management. He/she provides decision and leads a capacity management governance process to efficiently support resource leveling and scenario analyses discussions.
Main Duties and Responsibilities :
- Provides recommendations to senior staff and governance committees on strategic resource alignment based on integrated analytics of resource demand data, project workload, strategic project priorities, forecasting and outsourcing strategies.
- Develops and sells the vision for long-range and short-range capacity planning approaches and strategies, including negotiating appropriate functions role granularity, forecast timeframes and complexity of forecasting algorithms.
- Directs ongoing organizational resource algorithm quality review processes to continuously improve the accuracy and reliability of R&D FTE forecasts.
- Leads the creation, maintenance and distribution of both scheduled and ad-hoc analysis FTE reports.
- Leads the evaluation of pipeline scenario analyses impact on resource demands and potential leveling solutions.
- Directs the development of capacity planning accuracy thresholds and the creation of quality control measures (both technical and procedural) to ensure accountability by functional algorithm owners.
- Direct the generation of and continuous improvement of the overall approach to demand forecasting (including tools, processes, complexity drivers) .
- Implement a methodology and common package for stakeholders of overall capacity management analytics including workload, demand, supply, variances, impacts of changes, actual reporting, outsourcing and fully loaded budget impacts.
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant discipline. An advanced degree is preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry.
- At least 3 years management experience in short and long-term capacity planning.
- Thorough knowledge of industry practices and t rends in capacity management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrated problem-solving capability; self-starter and team player.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manag e / prioritize multiple projects from conception to completion, working in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to present to and interact with all levels of personnel.
- Occasional travel may be required .
Next Steps - Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertis