Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter . Description
Position Description: Reports to the National Director. Responsible for the overall planning, direction and control of assigned units. Level of impact is within own units. Units vary in size but generally range from between 8 to15 units. Generally manages 15-20 employees. Total managed volume is $250M -$500M. Total Revenue is over $20M
Director, Capital Program Management, is the Director of Capital Program Managers, and Project Managers and associated clients. The Director is responsible for Capital Program Management portfolio and DB projects as assigned. The Director is responsible for developing the overall vision and direction of an institution's capital program or design build projects. It is this individual's responsibility to assign work to members of the capital team and ensuring the requisite levels of non-resident and resident support from various technical support groups are scheduled and utilized in the support of capital projects. The Director will have the initial responsibility for monitoring the allocation of manpower against a budgeted staffing plan. In addition to providing a team management role, the Director will monitor projects' cost and schedule to meet or exceed the expectations of the Client.
The Director also acts as a liaison to the institution for Aramark and is responsible to collaborate with senior members of an institution to develop and implement strategic capital planning processes. This position values diversity by working effectively with people from different viewpoints and backgrounds.
The role includes accountability for the Aramark operations, financial performance, employee retention/development, sales and overall success of the Capital Program Management and Design Build Services portfolio.
- Manage employee development and staffing (Current Staff of 20 professionals)
- Responsible to manage Aramark financials meeting plan and grow targets.
- Drive and participate in sales and marketing of CPM and overall Engineering Solutions
- Preparation of comprehensive project budgets
- Extensive knowledge of project financial monitoring/tracking/reporting
- Acts as liaison with contracted architectural/engineering companies to ensure plan is being adhered to and needs met.
- Supervises selection of planners, architects, contractors and other professionals.
- Provides direction to consultants engaged in campus planning; develops and maintains complete set of design standards; reviews and updates to ensure standards meet expectations.
- Direct project managers and meet with users to determine needs and scope of work; monitors construction budgets.
- Reviews documents to ensure consistency with master plans, sector plans, programs, budgets and campus standards.
- Makes regular observations regarding the condition of campus facilities and infrastructure and recommends work orders and/or initiates improvement projects to ensure that buildings and capital assets remain in a state of good repair.
- Professional consultant contract administration
- Construction oversight responsibilities.
- Works with the Director and staff of Facilities to ensure smooth transitions for project phase to plant operations.
- Coordination of project close-out activities.
- Assists the leadership team of an institution as needed to prepare materials and conduct professional architectural presentations for various senior level meetings and board presentations.
- Significant experience in a higher education, k12, healthcare, B&I environments
- Minimum of 12-18 years of demonstrated, increased responsibility in providing leadership for a capital programs and design build services.
- Academic planning and scenario development experience
- Formal education in architecture, planning, engineering, or construction-related program