McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Director, Capital Risk Oversight
Capital One is seeking a motivated professional for a Director position in the Capital Risk Oversight team. The team is a second line of defense function responsible for oversight of the company’s Capital management. This includes target setting, forecasting, allocation methodologies, stress testing (CCAR / DFAST), and regulatory requirements (Basel).
The second line of defense is both an expert advisor of the first line and an effective challenger of first line risk activities. The successful candidate will bring thought leadership and influence the company’s capital approaches and business results. They will build strong partnerships with the first line Capital teams, other internal teams (e.g. Risk Management, Model Validation, and Audit) and external constituencies (e.g. Regulatory Examiners).
- Anticipate regulatory intentions, interpret new regulations, and apply new laws and regulations
- Thoroughly assess potential risks and work with the first line to design proper controls to manage those risks
- Understand industry trends and best practices across risk disciplines
- Provide the necessary monitoring and oversight to assure senior management and the Board of Directors about the sound operation of capital management
- Insure existing business processes are well-governed, controlled, and meet requirements
- Challenge capital frameworks and approaches end-to-end (from assumptions/inputs to application methodology to results to business decisions)
- Evaluate our estimation approaches in light of the decisions they drive
- Assess and challenge implementation plans and controls to meet regulatory requirements
- Evaluate effectiveness of controls embedded in the first line and the timely and proper remediation of gaps, issues and other concerns
- Strong working knowledge of Capital related regulatory requirements impacting the banking industry
- Strong analytical background with demonstrated ability to critically assess financial modeling results
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Problem solving and innovative thinking skills
- Ability to build relationships across a broad range of internal and external constituencies
- Ability to collaborate, build positive, enduring relationships and exert influence without direct authority
- Ability to partner with business leaders and engage effectively at a high level
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 10 years of experience in the banking field OR at least 10 years of experience in the financial services industry
- At least 3 years of experience working in Capital Management
- Master's Degree in Finance or related field
- 3+ years of experience in CCAR
- 3+ years of experience in process management
- Financial Risk Management (FRM) certification OR Certified Financial Analyst (CFA) certification OR Certified Public Accountant designation (CPA)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new candidate for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.