As one of the largest facilities in the nation's largest hospital system (HCA), Chippenham Hospital provides the full scope of healthcare services. With 466 beds, we specialize in heart care at the Levinson Heart Hospital and emotional and mental health services through the Tucker Pavilion. Our ER is also a state-authorized Level II trauma center and we offer Central Virginia's only Pediatric ER staffed 24/7 by pediatric-trained ER nurse and physician specialists. Position: Director of Cardiac Cath Lab and Multispecialty Heart Center SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS*
- Work with Administrator and Central Virginia Cardiovascular Service Line VP to establish vision and strategic plan for the cath lab and outpatient cath lab.
- Develops and manages plan to expand service offerings in the cath/EP lab as appropriate within the growing industry.
- Work with Administrator and Central Virginia Cardiovascular Service Line Vice President to establish vision and strategic plan for the multispecialty heart center to include growth of Heart Failure, Coumadin, Ventricular Assist Device (VAD) and Valve centers.
- Works with valve nurse navigator to grow the valve program.
- Works with the VAD coordinator to grow the VAD program.
- Works with multispecialty heart center staff to further develop model for managing heart failure, Coumadin, VAD and valve patients in the outpatient setting.
- Develops strong relationships with physicians and works collaboratively with them to develop existing service offerings, implement new programs and evaluate/improve quality outcomes.
- Sets specific goals with staff to meet strategic plans and empowers staff to achieve these goals.
- Manages day to day efficiency of departments including productivity and supply management.
- Manages construction projects in department as required including development of business case(s).
Required- Registered nurse or tech with cath lab and critical care experience. Prior leadership experience in the cardiovascular service line also required.
Preferred - Critical Care Nursing experience, Registered Cardiovascular Technician (CVRT). EDUCATION
Required- Completion of an accredited program.
Preferred - Completion of accredited nursing program and Masters Program.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom