Director, Club Channel Strategy & Commercialization Position Purpose
- Leads development of a multi-year channel strategy based on strategic shopper & category insights. Responsible for defining role, business ambition, and how we will win in the channel. Creates multi-year growth strategies and prioritizes commercial big bets to drive the growth. Determines key metrics and multi-year objectives.
- Responsible for partnering with Innovation , Cat Comm, and NRS Club teams to develop segmented, multi-year innovation strategy, corridors, and pipeline for the channel. Identifies and stewards opportunities to optimize route to market and investment choices in support of Innovation Strategy.
- Creates annual channel plan designed to deliver multi-year strategy. Leverages revenue pools and Sources of Growth to determine channel priorities. Partners with shopper marketing and category commercialization to determine key merchandising, marketing, and commercial tools to deliver each priority. Creates execution targets for key priorities and sets national AMPS.
- Leads the development of annual and monthly channel Picture of Success. Determines priority points of contact in the outlet and prioritizes brands, packages, and occasion based solutions for each point of contact. Develops annual activation calendar by point of contact.
- Owns all commercial and Ready to Sell routines for the Club channel. Responsible for partnering with Cat Comm and Shopper Marketing to communicate channel priorities and solutions to NRS and bottler partners.
Development of channel strategy & plan to drive revenue growth including annual operations plan for execution with NRS and franchise leadership:
- Responsible for the development of channel strategies that tie to a 3 yr. commercial plan and achieve company revenue, volume and profit goals
- Leads the strategic thinking derived from situation and opportunity assessment to develop competitive annual commercial plans for Club channel
- Leads brand and event prioritization and establishes activation sequencing for highest leverage opportunities
- Defines the annual and monthly Picture of Success standards & guidance aligned to channel goals and key initiatives
- Interfaces closely with Category Commercial teams to ensure translation of brand strategies into channel-relevant commercial plans
- Partners with Shopper Marketing to build and strengthen retail solutions for the Club channel
- Prioritizes primary channel research initiatives to be submitted to Knowledge & Insights (K&I) group
- Identifies, stewards, and tracks annual national execution priorities for Club channel
Lead development and maintenance of multi-year innovation strategy for the Club Channel
- Leverage shopper & customer insights to define and prioritize potential innovation corridors in partnership with NRS teams
- Work with Cat Comm team and Innovation team to assess and validate innovation corridors
- Host quarterly Club Innovation summits to identify potential pipeline additions for each corridor
- Create and commercialize customer-facing Club channel innovation strategy story
Responsible for collaboration with NRS and Franchise partners to steward channel initiatives with key customer and bottling partners
- Stewards channel big bets (initiatives, innovations, occasion solutions) with NRS and Franchise partners to increase sell-in;
- Leads deployment of key routines such as Ready to Sell & Bi-Weekly Commercial routines with NRS community to communicate priorities and inspire teams to drive differentiated retail activation
- Monitors & stewards performance tracking of channel priorities
- Directs adjustments to performance gaps
Development and implementation of channel initiatives to drive category and shopper value and importantly, System revenue, volume and profit growth
Position Qualifications Education
- Create and develop insight-driven channel initiatives that provide thought leadership to customer & franchise teams that and provide a differentiated competitive advantage and support the achievement of annual Company / channel goals
- Build tools to support capability and sell-in of initiatives such as selling stories, solutions and resource guides
Minimum Required: Bachelor's degree
Preferred Level: Masters degree in business or other graduate degree Experience
- 8-10 yrs. experience, preferably in the consumer packaged goods / beverages industry
- Developing insights-based strategies and translating them into executable commercial plans & tactics
- People leadership - specifically, experience influencing key stakeholders across the System including brand, NRS, and bottlers
- Monitoring and stewarding performance results and implementing changes to achieve plan
Specialized Technical Skills
- 10-12 yrs. experience, preferably in the consumer goods/beverages industry
- Strategic brand management/channel strategy/category strategy experience
- Experience calling on/strong interface with Customers and/or Bottlers
- Strong knowledge of Channels & trends
- Shopper/Retail/Industry Insights mining & translation into actions
- Proactive opportunity identification and thought leadership
- Ability to synthesize needs of multiple key stakeholders
- Planning experience; strategic and tactical thinking (forward-looking vision, anticipation of future needs, understanding operational levers)
- Strong communicator and strong presentation skills
- Familiar with the use of "Collaborating for Value" & Collaborative Business Planning process
- Experience building and implementing strategies and commercialization plans for key retail channels
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants employees and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education employment history a criminal history check reference checks and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
Relocation costs are not provided for this job, by submitting their profile and resume, candidates understand and acknowledge that The Coca-Cola Company will not provide relocation assistance or support and that relocation will be entirely the responsibility of the candidate.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top
A little about us:
Coca-Cola’s success would not be possible without the world’s best employees. We invite you to challenge yourself, join us and prosper.