Merck Research Laboratories South San Francisco, a wholly owned subsidiary of Merck and Co., is focused on driving discovery research. Our new multi-disciplinary discovery research site offers state-of- the-art resources to explore the most promising science combined with Merck's world-class R&D expertise in small molecules and biologics . Located within the heart of the Bay area's biomedical community, research conducted in our new laboratories spans exploratory biology through early clinical development and is an integral part of Merck's powerful world-class network of drug and vaccine discovery.
At Merck, we are inspired by the belief that a research-driven enterprise dedicated to scientific excellence can create medicines and vaccines that save and improve lives. Every employee is building on our proud legacy of scientific breakthrough. Our ability to impact the lives of patients worldwide depends on the integrity, creativity, humility and scientific acumen of our team. We are creating a diverse organization that is inspired by invention and founded on a culture of respect and collaboration. At Merck Research Labs South San Francisco, you'll have the opportunity to expand your knowledge and skills through collaboration with talented and dedicated colleagues while advancing your career.
Merck is currently seeking a proven drug hunter, mentor and leader to join the Discovery Chemistry Department at our South San Francisco, CA site. The successful candidate will have responsibility for programs within our portfolio and scientific talent development.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Managing direct reports including performance management, objective setting, and developing and implementing meaningful career plans for all employees
- Leading multidisciplinary, highly collaborative discovery teams to invent novel medicines, including defining project strategy and driving execution
- Active participation on the South San Francisco Chemistry Leadership Team including contributing to pipeline, project and departmental strategy and operations
- Active participation in recruitment, training and development of assigned scientific staff
- Conducting due diligence review and providing recommendations on potential licensing opportunities
- Maintaining an external scientific presence including authoring significant scientific publications and presentations
In this role, the incumbent will contribute to the overall scientific deliverables of the research site through research leadership and talent identification and development. To accomplish those goals, the successful candidate must have a strong desire and ability to manage and advance the careers of direct reports, a proven track record of delivering important candidates for clinical development and effective talent recruitment and mentorship. Qualifications:
- Required: Ph.D. in Chemistry
- Minimum of (8) years experience in the Pharmaceutical Industry
The quality of our team is essential to our success. We are creating a new and innovative approach to rewarding our employees and establishing a comprehensive value proposition. Our competitive compensation program and benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for us all.