About the role:
Join the Premier Outsource team as a Director of Client Management in our Bank Solutions group at Fiserv. As the Director of Client Management you will be an influential leader of our client partner team. Our client partners work closely with our clients to understand their needs, help develop their strategic plan and then draw support from across several levels of our company to align the right services and solutions with each client’s unique business goals and objectives.
Many of our clients consider Fiserv to be the most important strategic partner of their organization. They often develop close ties with their client partner and consider these individuals to be an extension of their team – a key supporter who ultimately influences and shares in their success. As Director of Client Management, your role is key to ensuring the success of the client partner team and overall client relationships.
About the Business:
Bank Solutions delivers technology products and services for community, regional and large financial institutions, whether they process in-house or through an outsourced service center. Our Premier Outsource team is a key part of our client and service management delivery. These individuals focus on the largest banks using our core technology and other surround solutions. Client partners have a select portfolio of clients and are responsible for aligning Fiserv resources, solutions and services with each bank’s strategic objectives and, as a result, growing the relationship.
Manage the client partner staff and support the Fiserv Account Management function, focusing on the segment of Regional Community banks which have $300 million in assets. This includes motivating a team of client partners to develop a highly effective strategy for each client relationship, ensuring client retention, cross-sale revenue generation, client satisfaction, consultative partnerships, client relationship management and industry relations. This position will manage Client Partners located in the Midwest.
Preferred Location: West Des Moines, IA - Midwest
Additional Locations: This position can be remote and located anywhere in the United States.
Direct Reports: 6-10 Client Partners
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Maximize client retention by actively assisting client partners with retention efforts, evaluating and escalating retention issues internally when necessary, evaluating client survey results and working closely with them to develop action plans to improve satisfaction as needed.
- Ensure client satisfaction through the principles of service excellence. This includes working closely with clients, escalating critical satisfaction issues, coordinating strategic meetings and exposure at regional and national meetings.
- Analyze the business needs and requirements of the client base and understand how Fiserv products can meet those needs.
- Support the integrated sales program by cross-selling other Fiserv products and services to meet client needs and business objectives.
- Maintain training and support structures to aide client partners in their selling and service efforts and develop their ability to discuss business and industry issues with the client, ensuring a strong partnership.
- Manage the contract negotiation process to obtain acceptable revenue and profit growth.
- Establish close relationships and alliances with the largest and most complex current and prospective clients.
- Maintain a leading-edge consultative capability in the industry.
- Provide commentary and insights to various industry trade groups.
- Attend trade meetings and maintain Fiserv visibility at those functions.
General Management Responsibilities:
- Understand company and department objectives, translating goals into clear workgroup and individual performance plans and monitoring the plans to ensure steady progress toward the targeted goals; Recognize business risks and trends that will impact the goals and make necessary adjustments to plans and resources to accommodate changing demands.
- Enhance departmental products and services by establishing metrics, analyzing processes, utilizing customer feedback and implementing best practices to ensure high-quality deliverables that are on time and within budget.
- Monitor departmental budgets, using reporting tools as a way to improve operating efficiency, reduce costs, or improve service and quality. Provide management with timely and accurate reports or other information necessary to track progress towards goals.
- Understand customer needs and allocate resources to address the needs, following through on any issues to ensure resolutions meet customer expectations.
- Build strong, diverse teams with capabilities to effectively handle department responsibilities, collaborating with other internal resources as necessary; encourage employees to share knowledge and learn from each other.
- Conduct timely individual, staff, and team meetings to communicate procedural changes, company, group, and business unit updates, project status information, goals, objectives, and performance expectations.
- Meet regularly with individual staff members to review progress toward each one’s operational performance work plan (OPW).
- Establish behavioral, developmental, and results metrics and coach for performance excellence; Provide timely and effective recognition; Resolve problems as they arise and effectively administer corrective action when necessary; Identify and support developmental opportunities to encourage employee learning and growth.
- Prepare and conduct effective annual performance appraisals.
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
- Experience and training in managing a staff of professionals, including staff development and performance measurements.
- An in-depth knowledge of banking business and operations.
- Excellent human relations skills are essential, including verbal and written communications skills and group presentations.
- Must be skilled and experienced in contract negotiations, and be able to train/coach staff on those techniques.
- Must be knowledgeable about data processing contracts and legal impact of contracts.
- Must have good understanding of service pricing in order to ensure profitable pricing of services to Fiserv clients.
- Must be able to travel 60-70%
- Four-year college degree
- This position can be remote and located anywhere in the United States; preference is to be located in the Midwest.