Under general direction of the SVP Client Growth and Development, responsible for managing business unit operations of the Business Intelligence team. Responsible for strategic planning, coordinating, and directing the efforts of the Business Intelligence team. Works closely with clients to ensure that the goals of the Business Intelligence team are aligned with the business needs of the clients. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Qualifications: EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Works closely with Business Intelligence staff to understand customer needs and changes to existing deliverables to incorporate these changes into the appropriate system components.
- Oversees the development and execution of the business intelligence budget.
- Directs all activities associated with Business Intelligence business unit.
- Establishes new business ventures for the company in alignment with the business intelligence teams' strategic goals and objectives.
- Develops strategic goals and objectives for the business intelligence team and implements strategic plans to reach those objectives.
- Performs various associate relations activities such as hiring, training and development, performance management and disciplinary action.
- Works closely with IT project managers and operations managers to coordinate cross-functional project activities and ensures that deliverables are accurate and meet customer requirements.
- Manages the delivery of BI solutions to internal and external customers.
- Coordinates work across cross-functional delivery teams.
- Staffs and manages resources.
- Establishes goals and measures results.
- Leads others to work with customers to provide advice on the best use and interpretation of information as well as limitations.
- Willing to travel up to 30-40% of the time.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Requires broad training in fields such as business / healthcare administration, sales, market research, pharmaceutical, data analysis and reporting or similar vocations obtained through completion of a four year bachelor's degree program; normally requires a minimum of eight (8) years to ten (10) years' experience with prior management experience, preferably delivering BI or web system solutions; analytic or reporting experience either as a provider or consumer. MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong knowledge of pharmacy operational programs and/or pharmaceutical sales and marketing business disciplines
- Strong leadership and staff development skills
- Familiarity with business intelligence tools and capabilities a strong plus
- Strong project management skills
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent judgment and decision making skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Access