Janssen Research and Development, L.L.C., a member of Johnson and Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Director, Clinical Research Physician – Oncology, located in Springhouse, PA or Raritan, NJ. Global Locations Possible, preferrably in Europe - Belgium or Germany.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.JanssenRnD.com
for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Director Clinical Research, Oncology/Hematology is a member of a matrix team dedicated to the implementation of clinical research studies that are part of a global compound development program.
- The Director supports the Medical Leader/Clinical Leader and provides active scientific contributions to a cross-functional clinical team developing a compound currently being studied for new oncology applications.
- Other functional groups represented on the team include project management, regulatory affairs, global clinical operations, data management, medical writing, biostatistics, medical affairs, clinical pharmacology, and health economics.
- The role requires a high-performing and energetic individual who demonstrates outstanding scientific knowledge applicable to oncology clinical research and the highest personal and ethical standards.
- The successful candidate must be equally comfortable among the team to which he/she is assigned and in the global environment in which the company operates.
- The Director Clinical Research, Oncology/Hematology assists in the preparation of protocol writing for and operational execution of clinical studies.
- He/She participates in the interpretation and reporting of the results of the research, including submission to health authorities.
- He/She evaluates scientific information and new ideas to assist in identifying new research opportunities.
- The Director supports medical affairs activities involving product evaluation, labeling and surveillance.
- He/She will assess external clinical research proposals involving company products and manuscripts that are being prepared for publication.
- The Director acts as a liaison between the company and clinical investigators.
- The Director develops, in concert with senior clinical staff, credible relationships with opinion leaders, and clinical research staff in many countries.
- The Director Clinical Research, Oncology/Hematology reports directly to a Medical Leader/Clinical Leader for the product to which he/she is assigned.
- This position requires a minimum of an Advanced Degree in Medicine (i.e. M.D or DO or equivalent). A trained (Board certified or Board eligible) Oncologist or Hematologist is strongly preferred. Applicable post-doctoral fellowship training is required.
- A minimum of 3 or more years of experience in a relevant oncology clinical research position is required.
- Significant knowledge of basic and clinical cancer research and its application to cancer drug development is important.
- Strong oral, written communication and presentation skills (including report development) is required. Successful work experience in a matrix team environment with cross functional teams is required. The ability to use influencing skills is required.
- Travel required may be up to 25 % annually (international, as well as domestic).
#HEMAONCO Primary Location
United States-New Jersey-RaritanOther Locations
Europe/Middle East/Africa, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Belgium, Europe/Middle East/Africa-GermanyOrganization
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)Job Function
Clinical Research MDRequisition ID