• MS in statistics or related field with minimum 8 years pharmaceutical or related experience or
• PhD (or equivalent) in statistics or related field with minimum of 5 years pharmaceutical or related experience
• Track record of strong statistical contributions and accomplishments in clinical drug development, with a broad knowledge of all phases of drug development (pre-clinical; Phase I-IV).
• Demonstrated ability to lead or make major contributions to department, organizational and/or industry-wide initiatives, through effective communication and influence.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with;
o A history of building and maintaining strong working relationships
o A demonstrated ability to explain novel and standard methods to scientific and clinical senior stakeholders.
o Strong influencing skills applied effectively across functions and levels of an organization
• Expertise in a range of statistical methodologies with application to real problems
• Examples of applying innovative statistical thinking
• Experience with Bayesian methods
• Experience across a wide range of therapeutic areas.
• Experience of working with, and co-coordinating the work of CROs.
We are searching for talented and effective statisticians who would relish the opportunity to join GSK and work in an Internationally based Clinical Statistics Team, and play a key role on an exciting, high priority drug project.
Responsibilities of this role will include (but are not limited to):
• Providing statistical leadership within the clinical statistics department and R&D organization
• Providing statistical input to the design, analysis, reporting and interpretation of clinical studies
• Providing statistical contributions and strategic input to clinical development plans
• Providing leadership on regulatory strategy
• Building and maintaining effective strategic working relationships with internal and external partners including to deliver on business needs
Within GSK, Clinical Statistics is part of a broader group called Quantitative Sciences which also includes Pharmacokineticists and Epidemiologists. Our Statisticians develop close links with these groups and have lots of opportunity to take part in world-class methodological research, as well as fulfill their vital role on project teams, overseeing all statistical aspects for clinical projects and influencing clinical development plans. Our end-to-end project support model ensures that our Statisticians get the opportunity to work across the entire range of drug development, from early discovery through to registration and marketed product support. We reward staff who demonstrate innovative thinking, have excellent communication skills and who are able to successfully influence project strategy. Applications are particularly sought from those with a demonstrated track record of delivery including innovative and flexible approaches to Clinical trial design and analysis.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to clearly describe in their cover letter how they meet these experiences and the other requirements of the role. Candidates will be short listed for interview based upon the key criteria specified.
Are you what we are looking for?
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
A little about us:
We are a science-led global healthcare company on a mission to help people to do more, feel better and live longer.