TH Real Estate, an operating division of Nuveen, is one of the largest real estate investment managers in the world with $103 billion in AUM. The firm was formed in 2013 when Nuveen partnered with Henderson Global Investors to launch a new global real estate investment management company, TH Real Estate. Managing a suite of nearly 80 funds and mandates spanning both debt and equity across diverse geographies, sectors, investment styles and vehicle types, the firm provides access to every aspect of real estate investing.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
The TH Real Estate team is seeking to add a Director to support the Loan Closing Team. The successful candidate must be willing to work out of New York, San Francisco, Newport Beach or Charlotte. This person will work closely with loan originators, borrowers, correspondents and counsel to quarterback loans through the closing process and ensure all underwriting and closing requirements are met.
He / she will possess strong knowledge of key loan documents in order to manage the closing needs of a complex portfolio of commercial real estate loans (i.e. knowledge of documentations associated with selling A Note positions in senior loans, contributing senior loans to a collateralized loan obligation (“CLO”) vehicle). This person will be able to identify potential closing issues on complex transactions and demonstrate ability to formulate creative solutions to ensure tight deadlines are met.
- Prepare closing memos, verifying compliance with company procedures and prepare modifications.
- Monitor and administer post-closing obligations and loan covenants.
- Review settlement statement to ensure all fees and expenses are accurate and documented
- Oversee construction loan draw packages.
- Review and approve property inspection reports prior to loan closings.
- Work with the Surveillance/Asset Management to ensure smooth transition of the asset after closing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Real Estate. Other majors considered depending upon experience.
- Minimum ten years of commercial real estate loan closing experience.
- Strong knowledge of senior and subordinated transitional floating debt, and construction loan structures
- Strong analytical, written, and verbal skills
- Strong presentation skills.
- Masters Degree or CFA a plus.
- Highly organized, detail oriented, self-motivated team player with positive work ethic and comfort working in a fast paced, demanding environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law.
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.