At MetLife, we seek to make a meaningful impact in the lives of our customers and our communities. The Global Technology & Operations group (GTO) is a diverse team of engineers, developers, business analysts, and project managers with the freedom to create innovative solutions to address core business challenges within MetLife. Job Location
United States : North Carolina : Cary Alternate Job Location
Not Applicable : Not Applicable Job Description
We are looking for an accomplished Information Security Manager to build out, implement and manage multiple Information Security programs. This role will ensure MetLife's data and cloud hosted environments are secure and meet privacy requirements across our global footprint. Primary areas of accountability include the following:
- Oversee global security principles, policies and practices related to data loss prevention (DLP)
- Maintain responsibility and ownership for the strategy, implementation and maintenance of the DLP program
- Provide direction and governance for MetLife to securely use cloud hosted environments
- Support database activity monitoring and database access control technologies;
- Provide the necessary subject matter expertise and coordinate efforts on a corporate level to identify key security risks, needs, and initiatives.
- Broad understanding of technology concepts and architectures:
- Data privacy/ protection; Network security; Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB); Authentication and authorization; Application security, including security development lifecycle; Database security; Encryption.
- Ability to translate high-level business planning into technology plans / business solutions
- Ability to lead matrixed teams through design, planning, and execution of projects while resolving issues and addressing resource constraints
- Experience in driving organizational transformation initiatives to improve performance and reduce costs
- Ability to think strategically while executing on multiple projects within deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written
- 5 years of progressive leadership experience in technology
- 8 years of experience with implementing enterprise IT projects on time, within budget and desired deliverables
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field required; advanced degree and/or relevant certifications preferred. Travel
Minimal Business Category
Global Technology and Operations
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace. Note to Mobile Users: If viewing on a mobile device and would like to apply, please email the job to yourself and complete the application from a desktop/laptop. Note to Desktop/Laptop Users: For immediate consideration, click Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which takes 10 - 15 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job. Internal Use Only: 13M
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.