Company Description About Visa: Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity
. Everyone at Visa
works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere . This is our global vision and the common purpose
that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our
VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the
Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity
to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be. Job Description
The cloud platform & Infrastructure Automation team is responsible for building Visa's private Cloud Platform and to automate infrastructure deployment/provisioning tools that developers & infrastructure teams at Visa will use to deploy and run code. Our mission is to make it easy for developers & infrastructure teams to provision environments (DEV, TEST & Prod), deploy systems, monitor, auto scale their applications. Thus, we are looking for a talented and versatile director to join our team!
In this role, you will:
- Provide leadership and oversight to a team of software engineers building solutions and capabilities at scale and high engineering and quality standards
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to understand business problems and then design and develop required solutions
- Partner with architects to ensure developed solutions adhere to established best patterns and our architectural target state
- Provide technical thought leadership towards solving problems for the team
- Drive the adoption of key engineering best practices to improve quality and reliability of team's deliverables
- Responsible for keeping the team engaged, motivated and operating with a high execution velocity
- Responsible for coaching and mentoring of direct reports
You bring with you these abilities:
- Master's Degree, preferably in Computer Science
- Experience building enterprise class applications using Java/J2EE technologies, AngularJS etc.
- Experience building Enterprise web services (SOAP, REST etc.)
- Strong understanding of architecture patterns and operational characteristics of highly available and scalable applications
- Excellent knowledge of core engineering best practices and passion to implement these across his/her team
- Experience working directly with clients and partners to deliver technology solutions to their business problems
- Strong leadership qualities and organizational skills as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills. In particular, a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical and business issues and solutions to multiple organizational levels internally and externally
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.