Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.Job Description
The Cloud & Infrastructure Automation Team is responsible for building Visa's private Cloud Platform and to automate infrastructure deployment/provisioning tools that developers & infrastructure teams at Visa will use to deploy and run code. Our mission is to make it easy fo r developers & infrastructure teams to provision environments (DEV, TEST & Prod), deploy systems, monitor, and auto scale their applications. To accomplish this, we need a talented and versatile Test Director to join our team!
RESPONSIBILITIES What you will do in this role:
- Provide technical and thought leadership plus oversight to a team of automation testers who are building automated test solutions for the Cloud & Infrastructure platforms & services
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders and lead, coordinate, and contribute to test-driven meetings and the development of test plans and test cases
- Develop, document, and review test strategy, processes, procedures, and identify and implement continuous improvements
- Own the test activities for Scrum teams and drive scoping, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling test activities
- Develop and establish test metrics standards, monitor, measure and validate report on status of quality, releases, support, operations, and system performance to management
- Execute test plans and create test reports to describe program evaluation, testing, and correction
- Analyze, troubleshoot and triage defects and reported issues to escalate the priority on critical pending issues and coordinate with product development teams to resolve and identify testing risks and develop solutions to mitigate
- Review product design documentation to ensure that requirements stated are correct and explicit; verify, coordinate, plan, and manage release readiness reviews, go-no-go, and release activities
- Work with the development teams to understand impacts of branches and code merges
- Manage the development of automation mechanisms used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases to various platforms
- Identify areas of the applications for test automation, scripting, data development, and other continuous integration processes
You bring with you to this role:
- Master's Degree, preferably in Computer Science
- 8+ years of hands-on Software Automation testing for Web, API (REST/SOAP) and database applications
- 5+ years of experience leading, mentoring and developing a team of Talented Test Engineers
- Excellent communication skills and deep customer empathy, including the ability to effectively facilitate meetings
- Ability to analyze test results to ensure correct functionality and recommend corrective action
- Experience with bug tracking tools
- Knowledge of Agile process, SDLC and release processes
We will be extra excited about your candidacy if you also have:
- Working experience with CHEF
- Exposure to Docker and related eco-system
- Understanding of the DevOps practices
- Working experience with JIRA
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.